Our Client, the global leader in industrial coating resins, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineer at one of its sites in West Virginia.
This is a key position that will provide maintenance, project, and facility support. The position is responsible for assisting with the coordination of repairs and upgrades to the production equipment, buildings, and grounds. The Maintenance Engineer also assists maintenance personnel with repair plans/options when necessary. The Maintenance Engineer will work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes. The Maintenance Engineer will develop a culture of loss control and prevention, aiming at continuous improvement by minimizing downtime, assisting with process and operations, and improving overall equipment effectiveness.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide backup for the Maintenance Manager as needed.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) to schedule and ensure proper completion of all Emergency (EM), Corrective (CM), Preventive (PM), and Predictive (PdM) work orders.
- Act as maintenance Business Key user for SAP.
- Create and modify equipment BOMs in SAP.
- Ability to extract and manipulate large data sets from SAR
- Maintain asset databases, including equipment performance and repair histories.
- Assist in managing the departmental budget/costs while delivering asset performance improvements, higher asset productivity, and asset care. Develop and maintain an inventory of critical spare parts necessary for uninterrupted production operations.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to determine root causes of persistent failures.
- Develop and optimize Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules to ensure asset longevity.
- Implement Predictive Maintenance (PdM) practices as appropriate to ensure asset longevity.
- Track and monitor Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) for appropriate equipment.
- Manage the site Mechanical Integrity program and lead decision making activities based upon inspection results.
- Experience using ULTRAPIPE to schedule, track, and record Ml inspections and their findings/reponses
- Manage site vibration monitoring program (including data analysis)
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical support for plan layout, purchase/upgrade of equipment.
- Deal with emergency and unplanned problems and repairs.
- Work closely with all functional maintenance groups to inventory, manage, and track spare parts.
- Support the troubleshooting and repair of process equipment and systems.
- Manage projects and act as a project team member on projects managed by others.
- Develop recommendations for facilities and process equipment capital upgrades.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3-7 years of experience in chemical, manufacturing, or related industry.
- Vibration Analysis Training/Certification
- Experience with API standards related to process piping, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and storage tanks.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Our Client offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, relocation assistance and much more.
Please send your resume in Word.doc format to Reed Rogers at email@example.com and refer to Job No. 10952.