My client, a leading General Contractor, is searching for a VDC Engineer for their Saint Louis metro location. This position is responsible for supporting Preconstruction, Operations, and Business Development with the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and VDC.
In this position you will:
- Use BIM software and VDC processes to create, coordinate, review, analyze, communicate, visualize, and evaluate construction projects
- Create models for quantity take-off, coordination, business development, and visualization
- Perform quantity takeoffs from architect and engineer provided models during preconstruction
- Review design drawings and models for accuracy, identify constructability issues, and missing information
- Use, create, review models, and documents for shop drawing and layout coordination.
- Lead, plan, and manage contractors, designers, and suppliers in 3D model trade coordination process
- Consult with coworkers, contractors, and designers to develop BIM protocols and execution plans
- Collaborate with coworkers, subcontractors, and designers to resolve conflicts before construction
- Teach and implement BIM and construction technology to coworkers, owners, contractors, and designers
- Continually research, learn, and implement construction technology
To qualify for this position you must have the following background:
- 3+ years of experience in the construction industry with associates or bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge, experience, and proficiency with Revit and Navisworks is required.
- Experience with Bluebeam and AutoCAD is required
- Knowledge and experience with drones, VR/AR, total stations, 360 cameras, and related technology for construction
- Understanding of construction documents and process
- Experience with BIM and VDC processes
- Strong attention to details, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Understand and create complex information and then simplify it to communicate with others
- Ability and willingness to continually learn
This company is a different kind of Construction Company. Many companies talking about the importance of relationships, but not many deliver. Because the work they do depends on their ability to successfully facilitate and manage work, it is critical to they create value along the way.
My client is very motivated to hire and this position won’t be around for long. For consideration please forward a Word copy of your resume to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will contacted within 24 hours.