Construction Project Manager
Owner / Builder experience needed
Building for the development side of our business has given us a unique understanding of what makes projects successful from the Owners perspective. We strive to serve all our clients in the same manner–understanding your vision is our mission.
Oversee the day-to-day activities at the jobsite, ensuring the goals for safety, quality, service, and production are met.
- Participate in preconstruction activities such as scope development, master schedule creation, site logistics, and constructability reviews.
- Proactively identify problems and propose solutions in advance of construction.
- Oversee execution of safety and quality policies at the jobsite.
- Communicate graphically with project team members.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing customers and vendors.
- Field documentation, including: daily logs, look-ahead-schedules, safety documentation, SWPPP, Action Items, RFI’s, As-Builts, Field Photos.
- Prepare and update both the master schedule and progress schedule.
- Lead field team meetings with Subcontractors.
- Coordinate labor, materials, and equipment with General Superintendent.
- Coordinate on site facilities, logistics, and security.
- Coordinate project team meetings in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Coordinate inspections with the Authority Having Jurisdiction and Special Inspection Agency.
- Coordinate with building occupants to ensure construction has a minimal impact on their operations.
- Overseeing field work assignments of Project Engineers and Assistant Superintendents.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of construction trade practices (experience in the trades preferred).
- Ability to visualize and plan the construction process before it happens.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and create strong relationships between people.
- 15+ years of experience in commercial construction with at least 10 years in a Supervision role.
- General knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 preferred).
- Computer proficiency with: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and PDF markup software.
- Ability to type on a computer efficiently.