The role of the Assistant Merchant is to assist the Merchant by performing the tasks and responsibilities associated with merchandise selection, merchandise ordering and inventory distribution.
- Perform merchandise order process for assigned merchandise category: merchandise order creation, manage approval process, vendor follow-up, management of delivery schedules, manage receipts/deliveries and cancellations
- Compile and maintain department’s business reports and analyze category performance and trend; take action as necessary in partnership with Merchant
- Perform competitive shopping activities to assess the competition and make strategic recommendations with Merchant in response to the competition and market activity
- Enter and maintain all price changes, working with Planning and Merchandise Operations teams
- Participate in regularly-held business meetings; provide feedback and help establish strategies in conjunction with Merchant.
- Work closely with Marketing and Advertising
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by department management.
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or 1 - 3 years related merchandise buying experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A high level of organization and PC proficiency is required including a thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- The ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and provide quick, accurate responses to requests is required. Strong analytical skills and retail math abilities are required.
- The ability to execute individual responsibilities and perform as a team player in sharing responsibility for the achievement of department goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Generous discount