We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Electrical Controls Technician to join a global client with thousands of employees across 38 countries. They are an industry leader and use cutting edge technologies!
This division develops and produces custom, precision steel products in a new state of the art facility.
You will perform most all functions necessary to maintain all operating and service equipment, using specialized tools / equipment as required in the Mill. The ET may work alone, and with supervision. The Sr. ET may also work in conjunction with other team members to ensure the performance of the Mill with regards to Automation, Drive Systems, PLC's, HMI's, and IBA.
You will be designing, developing, testing and supporting our systems for our automated hot-rolling mill and finishing mill. You will troubleshoot / upgrade hardware & software to improve production times, steel quality, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation.
Generous benefits and a very competitive compensation package are included for this key role. Substantial relocation support is also provided to Shreveport, LA that has been rated in the top 25 cities for recent grads not to mention a great low cost of living with nationally ranked secondary schools in the area and low taxes! Forbes rates it in their 10 best sized cities for jobs. Did we mention the great food in Louisiana?! More than 50 events / festivals a year to try it all out! Also lots of live entertainment, casinos and don't forget, Louisiana is called the sportsman's paradise for a reason!
- Working independently or as part of a team to optimize the plant production automation systems / equipment during the shift
- Using your troubleshooting skills to systematically advise, and eliminate most related issues while on duty
- Implementation of work procedures, PMs and LOTO
- Work in down day, outages, and special projects;
- Participate in 5S, Lean MFG, and any other continuous improvement activities;
- Participate in “Root Cause Analysis” meetings to determine and rectify problematic issues in the process
- Support all safety activities to meet or exceed organizational goals
- Support the development and maintaining a culture of professionalism
- Follow all company rules, policies, and expectations
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a technical field is preferred but not required
- The candidate must have previous experience working with automation equipment, including PLC, HMI, and industrial networks
- Experience with industrial power systems is a must such as SCADA, DCS, etc.
- Skilled with debugging, troubleshooting manufacturing automation systems
- Skilled with controls network setup and commissioning such as Ethernet and Profibus
- Preference for Siemens S7 experience as it is highly valued
- Have an understanding of data acquisition systems such as IBA.
- Have some experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and understand the theory of operation of the various subsystems.
- Knowledgeable in the various signals involved in automation that will be required, such as encoders, load cells, 4 to 20ma, 0 to 10 vdc, etc.
- Ability to work in a Team orientated atmosphere
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Can maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, coworkers and management
- Previous Steel Mill or Pipe Mill Experience a huge plus!
- SAP experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional technical training / certifications are a plus