A major pharmaceutical distribution company needs a permanent Maintenance Technician at their Packaging plant in IL. Excellent salary + O/T + full Benefits + relocation assistance
Job Posting # 2080R
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Packaging
Location: Mount Prospect, IL
Compensation: Pay range $27- $32 / HR + $1 shift differential + OT (1.5x)
Relocation: Prefer local. Client is willing to give a sign-on bonus for relocation assistance
Excellent benefits including Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
A major Fortune 100 pharmaceutical distribution company with $123 Billion in sales has a high-tech, high-speed and high-volume plant in Illinois with around 460 people, dispensing unique prescription packages of around 500,000 per week
Be part of the non-union Maintenance group of 23 technical people. This is a permanent position reporting to the Maintenance Lead/Supervisor
Note 1: This is a 3rd shift position, working Sunday -Thursday 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM. This person will overlap 2 hours with 2nd shift during active packaging time and then perform Preventive Maintenance tasks during non-packaging down time later in the night.
Note 2: The maintenance technician will work on systems using skills which are 80% mechanical and 20% electrical/automation.
Note 3: The high speed packaging operation includes high tech systems with 6 axis robots, vision inspection, scanners, conveyers, counting, dispensing, bottling, packing, and boxing/bagging all controlled by sophisticated PLC/HMI based automation systems.
Note 4: The right person will need experience maintaining Plant production/packaging systems. Candidates with only facility/utility/HVAC system maintenance experience will not be considered
Work with a team of multi-skilled Maintenance Mechanics, Engineers, and other technical support personnel to maintain equipment in a large volume advanced technology pharmaceutical dispensing facility.
Some of your responsibilities will include repairing, maintaining, and improving equipment to meet production goals as well as quality expectations.
- Review scheduled PMs, work orders and components requiring rebuilds to verify parts are available to complete work on time.
- Take ownership and continuously monitor manufacturing equipment performance to reduce down time.
- Utilize CMMS to build work orders, schedule repairs and document completed repairs.
- Commit to improvement of work instructions, procedures and PMs based on equipment manual, specifications, work order history, and team experience.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance to automated manufacturing equipment.
- Utilize LOTO procedures
- Utilize Microsoft Word and Excel; CMMS.
- Troubleshoot, repair, & maintain electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. (pumps, motors, gearboxes, conveyor systems, vacuum pumps, etc.)
- Troubleshoot, repair, & maintain automated equipment controlled by PLCs. Possess a strong understanding of PLCs and how to troubleshoot by testing I/Os externally.
Candidate Must Have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on maintenance experience with high speed packaging systems.
- Good understanding of both mechanical and electrical/automation systems.
- Computer skills with MS Word, Excel, and CMMS.
- Good communication & people skills to interface with production, engineering, etc.
- Ability to work independently in 3rd shift.
Candidate Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a regulated environment - GMP, ISO 9000, ISO 13485, FDA, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device, OSHA, LOTO, etc.
- Troubleshooting experience with Robots & vision inspection systems.
- PLC/HMI system troubleshooting experience (not programming).
Keywords: pharmaceutical, packaging, maintenance, technician, PLC, automation, mechanical, troubleshooting, mechanic, high-speed, vision, robots