Immediate opening for a Compliance Risk Advisor with a very successful, well-established regional financial institution.
The Compliance Risk Advisor is responsible for an ongoing, comprehensive and effective structure of internal controls to mitigate compliance risk in assigned areas of responsibility, and to assure adherence with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Also responsible to lead, develop and train Bank employees regarding specific internal processes and control responsibilities. May be assigned to support a particular business group such as Deposits and Lending or other duties as assigned.
Develops procedures related to quality control, compliance and risk projects. Assists in developing and implementing control aspects into business unit first line of defense procedures. Supports business units with their day to day compliance needs under the direct supervision of a higher level compliance professional.
- Assist the Compliance Officer to ensure that the Bank maintains a sound compliance risk management system with active oversight of compliance-related operational risk, adequate policies, procedures, and a strong management information system for measuring risk and risk reporting.
- Assist the business units in identifying and clearly understanding the types of compliance and operational risks inherent in the Bank’s activities. Assist business in designing compliant processes and methodologies to ensure efficiency.
- Make appropriate efforts to remain informed about regulatory risks in assigned area of expertise (i.e., Lending, Deposits, Fair Lending/CRA, Vendor Management, DR/BCP, etc.)
- Review deficiencies noted in compliance related examinations/audits or compliance monitoring activities to determine whether management adequately addresses and remediates identified deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development of compliance risk management reporting methods, systems and an adequate array of reports, including risk assessments that provide levels of detail about risk exposures that are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the compliance risk management function. Systems may include SharePoint, ERM system, or other enterprise business systems, as appropriate to the assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain a formal process for identifying, reporting and implementing new regulations or changes to existing regulations within specific areas of responsibility. Provide ongoing reports of upcoming changes to the Compliance Officer; report the impact and activities related to implementation. Lead business unit’s efforts to ensure effective implementation of revisions to forms, documents, disclosures, notices, software enhancements, and other change management tasks.
- Prepares reports for approval of the Compliance Officer.
- May attend conferences and other quality control and compliance-related education activities.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate successful business experience in a compliance/risk management function.
- One to three years of experience in lending or deposit compliance as applicable to the specific duties, risk management or related field, where critical thinking skills have been successfully employed.
- Excellent problem solving and verbal and communication skills. Strong written communication skills a must. Project Management skills and experience preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of branch operations, lending operations, CRA/HMDA, or areas of operational risk as appropriate for job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in business deposit and lending systems, and designing compliant and efficient processes using technology.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers and Windows driven programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- CRCM preferred but not required
For further consideration regarding this and/or other opportunities please inquire confidentially to email@example.com or call 916-850-2437. All inquiries held in strict confidence. Thank you for your interest.