This is an awesome opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation and Control Engineer to join a global chemical company. This key position handles the overall instrumentation and control system engineering, including the development, engineering, design and documentation of new and replacement systems. The incumbent will work with a multidisciplinary group of engineers in the areas of process, electrical, chemical and mechanical disciplines. You will work with management, operators, technicians and designers to support and develop a seamless company-wide Instrument and Control system.
Responsibilities include measurement and final element specifications and selection for new and existing operations along with local and remote control systems engineering, control improvement and strategy planning, and design services for three continuous process mineral manufacturing plants, a power and steam generation plant and mining operations.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Responsible for the compatibility, coordination and efficiency of the multi-plant instrumentation and control engineering design.
- Equipment selection, cost estimating, equipment layout and coordination.
- Coordinate instrumentation engineering and design with other engineering disciplines and plant operations.
- Develop I&C drawings, construction specifications, specify instruments and write sequence of operations and logic diagrams.
- Ensure compliance with industry codes and standards as well as Company policies, procedures
- Perform calculations, and develop drawings and specifications for the purchase and installation of measurement and final element instrumentation.
- Perform field inspections and technical support of existing facilities systems.
- Prepare Instrumentation Technical Procurement Specifications for DCS, CEMS, process measurement instruments and final elements such as control valves including installation details.
- Provide engineering consulting associated with design of industrial production facilities, utility plants, HVAC, Process, and Piping system design related to facility engineering.
- Provide engineering trouble-shooting of existing equipment, and implementing system upgrades and modifications.
- Perform instrumentation & controls engineering in support of a process manufacturing environment.
- Provide leadership in PLC, DCS, HMI and SCADA system planning, design, programming and upgrade.
- Responsible for the production of P&IDs, control panel drawings and wiring diagrams
- Review electrical schematic diagrams to coordinate the I&C requirements with the electrical discipline.
- Work with the project team and engineering contractors to develop control strategies, specify DCS/SIS hardware, specify instrumentation, and install systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical, instrumentation or electrical engineering
- 7+ years related experience in industrial operation facility; chemical, refining or mining operations preferred.
- Skilled in process, mechanical and electrical engineering practices and processes.
- Experienced with the development of P&ID’s, instrument specifications and data sheets.
- Expertise of typical process industry standards and codes (ISA, IEC, etc.) and a general understanding of IEEE, NETA, and NFPA.
- Skilled in applying experienced-based judgment to complex challenges in ways that deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in operational performance.
- Possess competency in all facets of process instrument & control engineering.
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Provide engineering and technical support to plants which are in continuous operation.
- Understanding of process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Must be willing and able to spend up to 50% of the time in physical plant areas.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Possess strong analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Advanced Education / professional certifications / training is a plus