Management Recruiters® of the Lowcountry, LLC.
Charleston, SC 29412 843-628-5021 email@example.com
Are you searching for a new adventure? This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Manager. The manufacturing company is located in the Lake Buena Vista, FL area. Great area for all the theme parks, year around golfing, dining, fishing, boating, great food and a friendly atmosphere. Short drive to the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico!
Plan, direct and control the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering practices.
Interfaces with other departmental supervisors and managers to determine manufacturing and maintenance requirements and provide proper support. Oversees all aspects of the operation. Plans and schedules Maintenance Department activities. Defines and implements the organization, resources, methods, documentation process, rules and tools for ensuring and optimizing the availability, efficiency and durability of equipment while meeting safety, costs, and quality goals.
Position Responsibilities and Specific Duties
• Accountable for the preventive maintenance program, and maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
• Develop, maintain and administer an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Execute an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
• Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repair to have minimum interference.
• Assure that production equipment is capable of producing within the established specifications and tolerances
• Consult with CI/Engineering, and the Production Department regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
• Coordinate with project engineers the efficient operation of all facilities necessary to the distribution and usage of electric power, natural gas, water and fire protection.
• Responsible for the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
• Analyze cost studies of proposals for new facilities and equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs. Make recommendations thereon to the Plant Manager.
• Develop objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional and corporate goals and objectives.
• Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies
• Maintains an active participatory role within the Safety Committee to ensure issues are addressed in a complete and timely manner. Manages hourly Maintenance personnel (completes annual appraisals, takes disciplinary action when needed, etc.). Tracks KPI’s to address key repetitive issues
• Drives continuous improvement of preventive and curative maintenance plans
• Demonstrates good customer orientation, satisfying their needs, and proactively identifying ways to improve services to the customer. Conducts studies for site expansion, machine modification, etc. Functions as part of Company Network (benchmarks best practices)
Drives continuous improvement of preventive and curative maintenance plans
Demonstrates good customer orientation, satisfying their needs, and proactively identifying ways to improve services to the customer. Conducts studies for site expansion, machine modification, etc. Functions as part of Company Network (benchmarks best practices)
Maintenance Key Competencies
Maintenance planning and monitoring. Continuous improvement. Subcontracting and outsourcing management
Audit, Deployment and monitoring of key indicators. Formalization and transmission of know-how
Teamwork, Strong Leadership and Management. Project management and innovation
Customer satisfaction. Interfaces with Engineering, Manufacturing, & Operations
B.S. degree in Engineering, and 8-10 years of experience in related field with background and experience in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities. Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing, controlling, coordinating and directing a Maintenance Department.
Must possess a balance of the technical, human relations and conceptual skills required to achieve results through subordinate supervision. Must be capable of evaluating and weighing alternatives, establishing relative priorities and formulating decisions that affect all phases of the operation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong PC skills. Qualified candidate must be a self-starter and a dependable individual that, while working within the guidelines of their authority, is capable of independent thought and action.
Ability to manage large and small projects through completion and follow through.
Ability to work with a wide variety of people in a demanding environment. Excellent troubleshooting skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is available now! Submit your resume for thorough consideration. If you meet the criteria above, you will be contacted for a confidential interview.