My client, one of the leading General Contractors in the nation, is searching for a Lead Estimator for their Phoenix location. This GC is a medium sized, privately owned GC that enjoys some of the advantages of a larger company while having many of the attributes of a smaller one.
In this position you will:
- Prepare detailed estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, DD, CD, etc.) This includes determining labor, material and equipment costs for multiple disciplines.
- Calculate complete takeoff of scope of work and solicit pricing from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Actively perform pre-construction services with Clients, Owners and Engineers.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents for the estimate.
- Lead and manage multiple bid teams/ proposals at a time.
- Research, negotiate and prepare purchase orders and subcontracts for awarded projects, including obtaining the necessary insurance requirements.
- Prepare internal job setup documentation.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with project management personnel.
To qualify for this position, you must have the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering or Architecture is required
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant construction estimating experience in various general commercial building markets
- Experience leading estimates of varying sizes and delivery methods (competitive bid, conceptual, design-build, and negotiated)
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles. General familiarity of unit pricing for scope of work
- Our best Sr. Estimators have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities, and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines
- Must be able to confidently present proposals and lead pricing discussions
- General working proficiency using estimating and takeoff software, such as WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff, and Microsoft programs
My client is very motivated to hire and this position will not be around for long. If interested please send a copy of your resume in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted in 24 hours.