Associate Director, Global Marketing – Early Commercial Strategy
My client, a global biopharma company in Southern CA, is dedicated to achieving one of the most ambitious goals – curing cancer. This mission is at the heart of everything they do, from early research to product development. While they’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible…they know this is just the beginning.
For the past three decades, members of their team have been at the forefront of cancer immunotherapy. Changing the paradigm of cancer treatment with what is potentially the biggest breakthrough since the introduction of combination chemotherapy. They have one of the leading pipelines in cell therapy within the industry.
This company is committed to providing a work experience in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued, uniqueness is an asset. This team is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, they aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and their day to day work. Their focus is on providing therapeutic options that healthcare providers can use to make a difference in the lives of their patients. Patients are their top priority.
My client is looking for an Associate Director, Global Marketing – Early Commercial Strategy to join their team. You will play an important role on the global marketing cell therapy team as the commercial lead on multiple early pipeline cell therapy assets.
- 8-10 years Global HCP Pharma/Biotech Marketing experience
- 7+ years of hematology/oncology marketing experience (Hem/Onc is a MUST)
- Experience supporting early pipeline assets
- Experience working at a global level with demonstrated success in working in a project team environment to inform commercial optimization and decision making
- CAR T or Cell therapy experience is a plus
- Self-driven, motivated and hungry
- Must be willing to relocate if not local
The Associate Director, Global Marketing - Early Commercial Strategy will play an important role on the global marketing cell therapy team. This role has primary responsibility for partnering with early development teams to shape the path to commercialization for pipeline assets and assisting in development and execution of global disease strategy and business development projects. This role will work in close collaboration with the global marketing and global commercial analytics teams, global cross-functional project teams, and business development team. This role reports into the Director, Global Marketing.
- Serve as commercial representative to multiple early asset project teams, working in close cross-functional collaboration with clinical development, translational medicine, regulatory, market access, and other functions
- Provide input and feedback on development decisions to optimize competitiveness and commercial success of our pipeline assets
- Develop early commercial assessment models in collaboration with global forecasting based upon relevant disease and target profiles, competitive landscapes, patient pathways and access opportunities
- Drive development of asset- and disease-level market insights plans in collaboration with project teams, market research, and competitive intelligence; plan and execute advisory boards to incorporate
- Lead the development of early brand strategies, including initial asset positioning, patient flow, pathways, issues and opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure the development of robust disease strategies including patient pathways, evolving clinical landscapes, disease and target product profiles
- Support corporate development by providing focused commercial insights to inform strategic business development decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required (in marketing, business, or sciences); post-graduate degree highly preferred
- 10+ Years’ Experience with BS/BA required or 8+ Years’ experience with MS/MA or MBA required
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of hematology/oncology marketing experience at a specialty-focused pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies
- Prior experience in cell therapy is a plus
- The ideal candidate will possess experience working at a global level with demonstrated success in working in a project team environment to inform commercial optimization and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to assess long term implications of near-term decisions and align and engage both internal and external stakeholders to drive performance
- Comfort with uncertainty and demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment under tight timelines, manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously, and independently determine appropriate action where precedent may not exist
- Leadership skills within a large matrix organization; ability to navigate complex business structures
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, synthesizing diverse perspectives into cohesive, aligned recommendation/deliverables, managing dissension along the way and championing team recommendations
- An approachable and credible communication style, both verbally and written, to keep all levels of the organization informed and engaged
- Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations
- Ability to understand the science and data; be effective at leveraging analytics and leading within a science-driven commercial model