AIDS SERVICES OF DALLAS
A project of the PWA Coalition of Dallas, Inc.
Multiple searches for:
Medical Case Manager Supervisor LVN
Medical Case Manager Supervisor RN
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Medical Case Manager Supervisor leads the staff of Medical Adherence Specialist and their primary role is to assure that residents of AIDS Services of Dallas receive a high standard of care as part of their total care plan. The Medical Case Manager Supervisor works under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the coordination of health care for ASD residents and making appropriate medical service referrals as needed.
This is a full time position that will require occasional additional hours.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
- Performs medical assessments in assigned areas of coverage.
- Ensures the appropriate medical care plan implementation is being followed by the Care Team.
- Maintains familiarity and certifications as required by the State of Texas and or all applicable entities for
- RN Medical Case Management.
- Works to ensure all PCA Service delivery is appropriate and addressing the needs of residents.
- Refers residents to appropriate community agencies for further assistance and provides discharge planning to ensure post‐resident care.
- Works to establish a 24 hour on call coverage and plan for all medical Staff. (PCAs, MASs, etc.)
- Gathers information on residents' situations by interviewing patients, families, and physicians and coordinates services with off‐site medical service providers.
- Counsels residents and families on dealing with illness‐related situations.
- Provides information to the community, in regard to agency procedures and health and welfare resources.
- Attend community wide case management meetings that include but are not limited to Parkland Memorial Hospital, PRIZM and AHF.
- Participates in staff development programs and weekly case conferences.
- Facilitates PCA meetings and trainings to ensure staff development.
- Performs record keeping and reporting duties related to medical case management.
- Performs other nursing duties and attend related meetings as directed by the Chief Operating Officer and/or the Medical Director.
- Actively participates in ongoing training and development as directly by the agency and or funding sources.
- Works to ensure all Agency direct care staff are updated on current health trends and priorities relating to that affect HIV+ Clients.
- Agrees to participate in any and all Quality Management activities
- Attend meeting and will perform other duties as required.
- Active participates in any fund raising opportunities provided by ASD.
- Must physically work on site.
- The Medical Case Manager’s normal daily schedule is as follows:
- Checks logs
- Charts resident’s ADLs
- Checks flowsheets on all bed bound residents
- Updates orders to PCAs as needed
- Monitors controlled medications
- Monitors PCA’s work and provides feedback
- The Medical Case Manager’s weekly schedule is as follows:
- Charts residents weight and notes any increases or declines.
- Maintains medication sheets on all residents.
The incumbent must have current registration with the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or a temporary permit to practice nursing in the state of Texas. Current CPR certification desired. Must be able to negotiate stairways and to access emergency alarm equipment immediately. Must be able to assist with the emergency evacuation of medically compromised clients/residents in the event of fire or other emergency situations requiring evacuation of any facility. Writing and organizational skills are required for this position. General office skills are necessary. Sensitivity to culturally, racially and sexually diverse client, staff and volunteer populations is essential. A strong familiarity with clienteles suffering from Mental Health, Substance Abuse and AIDS/HIV-related issues with a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience. A valid driver license is required.
Plan for Continued Training:
- The incumbent will participate in all agency training and development programs and will maintain continuing education requirements for continued certifications.
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Interested persons should reply via email with a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ability/willingness to work in a flexible, tolerant, diverse, community setting and experience in and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people from various class, ethnic, racial, sexual minority backgrounds.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.