Quality Technician (Lab)
My client, located in Lincolnton, North Carolina, is looking for a Quality Technician join its team. This person will be responsible for responding to quality notifications, the evaluation of first and last shots, supporting project teams, out of control issues, and change control through quality processes. Excellent benefits package included.
- High School diploma or GED
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer data entry and editing skills including the ability to learn and use applicable departmental software packages.
- Ability to work independently, resolve conflicts and drive customer satisfaction.
- Professional and optimistic attitude, ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and trigonometry.
- Ability to run CMM programs and use the RAM.
- Ability to use caliper, micrometer, lift gage, leak gage, drop gage and optical comparator.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a lab setting within an ISO or cGMP certified manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office software and Windows Operating system.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to communicate effectively process concepts and changes across all teams.
- Knowledge of plant Quality Control processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards.
- Ability to encourage interpersonal relationships, and improvement systems.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Knowledge of injection molding and assembly processes.
- Knowledge of packaging applications (closures, bottles, & tubes).
- Able to plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Knowledge of the Food and Beverage industry.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies / procedures.
- Act as a leader for the shift.
- Inspects, tests and accepts or rejects finished products using written specifications, parameters or guidelines, as established by company procedures and as trained to by the Operations – Quality Engineer.
- Inspects, tests and accepts or rejects raw materials, and intermediaries using written specifications, parameters or guidelines, as established by company procedures and as trained to by the Operations – Quality Engineer.
- Documents all inspection / test results and any non-conformances found during inspection, testing or evaluations according to established procedures, recommending solutions as needed.
- Participates in identifying, investigating, and processing Corrective/Preventive Actions, Customer Complaints, product Non-Conformance, Deviations and Returned Goods Authorizations.
- Supports the implementation of process specifications, statistical process controls, computerized data systems, test cells, including equipment, training and procedure support. All in the lab or on the shop floor.
- Must be willing to: participate on Continuous Improvement teams, become trained as Lead Auditor, conduct audits of the operation, issue corrective actions, follow up on completion and effectiveness of actions and issue reports relating thereto.
- Support other QA associates on defect awareness, inspection methods and specifications requirements.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.