StraussGroup is working with a well known and respected manufacturing firm in Medina, NY. They have recently seen tremendous growth within their market and are looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Manager in their Manufacturing team. Please see the following job description and call 716-362-2833 for any further questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing Lean thinking principles across multiple product sectors.
- Evaluate in detail and review all current operations from start to finish.
- Analyzing information to find areas of scrap, duplication, process improvements, efficiency loses and frequent errors.
- Developing a plan to implement changes for all issues and concerns found.
- Monitor results to ensure all changes are working as expected.
- Make continuous improvements and adjustments to maintain efficient operations
- Responsible for working with leadership to implement Lean strategy. Implementation must support and include teaching, mentoring, and execution.
- CI Manager will assist in developing a Lean support team within the operational units to ensure that the strategy identifies business opportunities and delivers results.
- Responsible to communicate the goals and objectives of Lean activities to provide a system for measurement of results on a continual basis.
- Key accountabilities will include: providing expectations, performance planning, feedback, training, development and performance discussions with leadership teams; defining future state requirements for operations and ensures the implementation of Lean strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed the business and customer expectations.
- Stabilize the business and set up OOE’s/KPI’s/Lean Objectives.
- Guide all Lean initiatives at the facility. Works with site leadership on Lean implementation. Ensures the development of a robust Lean Future State Strategy to be implemented at the site.
- Ensure adherence to Lean standards for the Site, Value Stream and Team Improvement Boards, enabling a PDCA culture and progression of the Lean Journey.
- Ensure that the site organizational structure has been reviewed and that resources are aligned for the Lean Transformation.
- Promotes a Continuous Learning environment.
- Actively participates in benchmarking activities within the organization.
- Champion and assist in delivering strategic initiatives that will aid in compliance standards or the implementation of new systems, services or cost-effective solutions that will continuously improve performance.
- Identify gaps in best practice metrics and work with all levels in establishing and executing improvement plans and strategies.
- Facilitate and work with continuous improvement teams to implement improvement plans and actions. Assist process owners to identify barriers to project success.
- Identify, develop, facilitate and measure impact of localized continuous improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain metrics, reports and record keeping for identified and implemented projects.
- Document and share process improvements and best practices.
- Accountable for assisting teams to capture financial savings resulting from performance-based improvements.
- Utilize, advocate and manage site Lean performance metrics.
- Provide training to associates in Lean practices and fostering involvement of all associates in Lean efforts.
- Implement and maintain a standardized Departmental Performance Metric System.
- Lead 6S efforts for all Departments.
- Assist in the development and administration of training all employees on basic Lean Principles.
- Report/present progress of projects and events as directed.
- Maintain communication of progress with Lean initiatives.
- Research, develop and apply the principles of continuous improvement, focusing on opportunities and advancements relative to the business needs and goals
- College Degree a plus (Associates or Bachelor), minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
- 5 Years of Lean Manufacturing Experience.
- 5 - 10 Years of Manufacturing Experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to challenge and motivate others.
- Ability to work well with others. From entry level employees to ownership.
- Excellent Computer skills, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- General understanding of software programs that collect and analyze data.
- Ability to stand continuously for 8 – 12 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to twist, bend and lift
- Ability to stand, crouch and climb.
- Demonstrates dependability and adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Ear and Eye protection required at all times on the Shop floor.
- Steel toe boots are required on the Shop floor.
- Exposure to a noisy work environment.
- Exposure to hot and humid conditions.
- Exposure to coolants, oils, grease and water.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.