We are looking for a strong BI & Analytics Leader responsible for leading our global enterprise analytics product delivery and operations teams. This role will be responsible for developing enterprise big data platforms and analytics capabilities that will enable the company strategy and drive critical insights for the company. This global leader will be responsible for teams across multiple regions around the world as well as a team in Atlanta, Georgia.
The BI & Analytics Leader will work closely with data scientists and key business stakeholders to deliver big data analytics solutions. He/she will create and maintain the product roadmap for BI platforms and work with the regions and key business stakeholders to identify key use cases to drive insights. In addition to delivering on the roadmap, he/she will be responsible for a team providing operational support of the platform and technologies. This individual will need to build and maintain key relationships at all levels of the business to drive the roadmap forward.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Oversee team responsible for the development and deployment of BI/Analytics solutions utilizing technologies including: PowerBI, Tableau, Microstrategy, products in the Azure and Google Cloud Platform stacks, Data Integration products (Informatica, Talend, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, DataFlow)
- Engage with global, multi-functional leadership and demonstrate thought leadership to leverage the power of data and analytics for growth
- Drive application development standards (including project management and solution delivery methods / tools / technology) to enable consistent, reusable, and efficient full-lifecycle practices
- Financial management of budgets and costs including projects and baseline
- Develop and execute the team staffing strategy and plan
- Coach and mentor staff on career growth, technical knowledge, business culture, and communication and collaboration
- Manage or participate in cross-functional teams to promote technology strategies, analyze and test products, perform proofs-of-concept, and pilot new technologies and/or methods
- Lead the creation or improvement of standards, guidelines, and best practices for teams utilizing the solutions
- Lead and procure staff augmentation, contract project teams, products /tools
- Maximize the value of technology investments and identify future technologies required to support the information needs of the company
- Provide strategic guidance on industry best practices and products that can be leveraged to support the company’s business objectives
- Ensure confidence in information across the organization by ensuring integrity of underlying information platforms and data and put processes in place to maintain and ensure ongoing accuracy and reliability
- Understand business cycles, market conditions, and other factors that drive the need for insights and adapt and deliver analytics technologies to support
- Communicate, market, and evangelize the BI group’s solutions and offerings
- Lead team responsible for platform support and operations (including offshore) ensuring critical information is available, accurate, timely, and secure
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Master’s degree in Engineering, MBA, or equivalent experience preferred.
Related Work Experience/Skills:
- MUST HAVE 10+ years of experience in leading GLOBAL, diverse technology teams and in delivery of large IT projects
- MUST HAVE 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, analytics, big data in a large, complex, Global Organization
- Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data, Data Science: Experience leading teams and projects developing analytics solutions
- Dev/Ops: Experience deploying and utilizing Dev/Ops strategies, methods, and tools such as; Jira, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, Bamboo, BitBucket, etc.
- Supplier engagement experience focused on sourcing processes, requirements dissemination, and performance standards management is preferred
- Consumer products experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Hadoop, and related big data technologies strongly preferred
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, and OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.