World Class Opportunity
Based on their continued growth, this company urgently needs an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, who can can make an immediate impact on the profits of this company by significantly impacting the morale of the people and the overall productivity of the plant through the prevention of personal injuries. If you want to do challenging work with a company that embraces technology and change, you need to investigate this job.
A leading global supplier that has for more than 50-years, developed and supplied advanced technologies that combined lightweight materials such as aluminum, paper and plastics into an unique and broad range of sheet materials used on foam boards and synthetic veneers. Their business model is a simple and is focused on using commodity raw materials and converting them into lightweight specially products.
The primary responsibilities of this position are the following:
- To ensure100% compliance with all current and anticipated future federal, state and local environmental regulations in the areas of air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste. Specific reporting includes annual emissions inventory, Tier 11 reporting and Form R reporting.
- Be the primary contact and liaison on all issues involving OSHA and EPA (federal, state and local levels) for the plant. This includes establishing and maintaining good communications between the company, agencies and employees that leads to a good working relationship based on mutual trust and respect.
- Have experience administering a compliance program and ensuring all reporting is done on time and accurately.
- Develop and manage the EHS budget.
- Implementing and maintaining ISO 14001 certification.
- Permitting such as hot work, confined space, line breaking, and trenching permits are a few examples.
- Manage safety program using Kentucky SHARP, Behavioral Based and OSHA 18001 are examples. Must have a demonstrated record of running a safety program.
- Manage the company’s Worker’s Compensation program.
- Manage on-site contractor safety.
The successful candidate will have the following personal traits and/or job responsibilities:
- BS in Environmental Engineering and a minimum of 3-years of industrial environmental experience is required. Other technical degrees are acceptable.
- Working knowledge and experience managing ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHASA 18001, with a record of meeting standards.
- Any of the following certifications are desirable, ASP, CSP, CET, OHST, or CIH.
- Be able to use MS Office and particularly, the charting and graphing features of Excel.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is very important because this company is transitioning all of their processes, systems and procedures to lean/Six Sigma.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation package is between $85,000 and $92,000+, depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The closer the candidate matches the experience and qualifications, the more compensation they will earn. The company offers a complete suite of benefits that are comparable to the best in industry. Their relocation assistance is available.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply on-line at www.ClearfieldTalent.com and click on Current Positions and click on job # 0718-0113, click Apply and follow instructions. If you meet the qualifications that the client seeks, you should receive a response within 48 hours.
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct permission in advance.