StraussGroup is working with a well known and respected manufacturing firm in Medina, NY. They have recently seen tremendous growth within their market and are looking to add a new IT team member. Please see the following job description and call 716-362-2833 for any further questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan coordinate, direct and resolve all IT-Software related activities of the organization
- Troubleshoot and repair any unplanned events that adversely affect software and some hardware
- Ensure Software, installs, re-installs are efficiently completed
- Investigating recommending and installing enhancements to operating procedures that regulate software availability
- Overseeing the software on computer work stations in coordination with IT-Hardware personnel
- Manage VISUAL Manufacturing and other software programs associates to the Business
- Design and write reports to extract data out of VISUAL using crystal reports and other software to support the Business and its associates/
- Investigate and create CAR/Open Actions when needed to resolve any software issues or concerns.
- All Network Software will be in coordination and agreement with IT-Hardware personnel and VP of Engineering before performing any changes
No direct subordinate employees in the IT department, but the position is responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination and evaluation of this unit. Main responsibility includes training employees on any new software and some hardware (they must use as a normal course of business).
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in computer software and systems maintenance.
- Strong understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience and skill set.
- Able to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in all situations.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Language Skills Required:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees and the general public
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to a apply concepts such a as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Proficiency in VISUAL Manufacturing and Crystal Reports a plus but not required, MRP & ERP Software, Barcoding knowledge, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc.), Acrobat.