Mechanical Design Drafters & Engineers
My client is a global manufacturer that has a vision of company culture so strong that it has become the foundation of the company today. They operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing their engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding their business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together.
3 years of related experience including 3D modeling and drawing experience (preferably NX)
Comprehensive knowledge of good drafting practices and techniques, machine shop practices, part fabrication methods, mathematics through descriptive geometry, dimensioning techniques, and geometric tolerancing.
Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Ability to be flexible with job duties transitioning from parts coordination to drawing and modeling. Able to tolerate ambiguity and work with limited direction.
- Analyzing and refreshing designs of actuators for previous ship classes
- Opportunities to use a broad range of skills. Our site is relatively small and you’ll be expected to utilize multiple engineering skillsets, but also will have the ability to tap into the resources and expertise of many other sites and groups
Keys to be considered a strong candidate:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering and about 5 years of related engineering experience
- FEA and 3D CAD experience (NX) is a plus
- GD&T and experience with mechanical tolerance stackups
- Self-starter, with an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and/or analysis techniques
- Experience with military designs/requirements
- Solid communication skills - this won't be that engineering job where you just sit at a computer all day!
Westport One consistently ranks as one of the top 10 offices within the MRI Network system, which consists of more than 700 offices worldwide.
We are the Contract Staffing "industry leaders" working specifically on contract and permanent positions within all industries. Key positions we fill are: General Office, Receptionists, Administrative Assistants, Secretaries, Executive Assistants, Transcriptionists, Customer Service Representatives, Human Resource Assistants, Data Entry, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Bookkeeper, Medical Assistants, Medical Billing, Front Office, Back Office, Legal Secretaries, and Paralegals.
Any inquiries relating to this ad will be kept confidential.
To learn more about our organization please visit us at www.westportone.com.
To apply for this position, submit your resume by choosing one or more of the following:
- ***CLICKING “APPLY NOW” ON THIS PAGE*** (PREFERRED)
- Email your resume in WORD format to email@example.com . Please refer to job reference code DJM/OHdesign in the subject line.
- Fax resume with cover letter to: 314-991-9586. Attention: Debbie Maul. Please refer to job reference code DJM/OHdesign
NO CALLS PLEASE