Management Recruiters® of the Lowcountry, LLC.
Charleston, SC 29412 843-628-5021 email@example.com
Plant Engineer - Maintenance Lead – 527CGMM Greensboro, NC
The focus of this opportunity is to direct all repairs and maintenance, engineering project and monitor controls systems; works with Director of Manufacturing and Production Manager. Improve production facility, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes. Plans, oversees, and coordinates activities concerned with development, design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
• Planning and scheduling of planned and unplanned work;
• Diagnose breakdown problems;
• Work directly with Production to improve the manufacturing process through equipment modification or upgrade.
• Plans, directs and assigns duties of the maintenance team and assist production to help solve equipment related production problems, reduce downtime;
• Direct and support preventative and emergency maintenance;
• Support Six Sigma, Kaizen, or 5S projects as a Black Belt trained team member if required;
• Provide technical support to Maintenance, Production, and IT;
• Programming and startup of Allen Bradley PLC's
• Design and programming of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) on Windows based platforms
• Programming and startup of Allen Bradley AC and DC drive systems
• Design and programming of servo systems
• Control panel design and layout
• Direct, instruct and supervise maintenance technicians;
• Support audits of equipment, fittings or components;
• Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
• Monitor and control maintenance costs;
• Write maintenance strategies to assist with installation and commissioning guidelines.
• Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and equipment acquisition. Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications;
• Provide support as needed to assist the Director of Manufacturing in managing activities with local, state and federal agencies;
Level- B.S. Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree.
Experience & Expertise
Level- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in:
• Basic understanding of batch chemical processes.
• Working knowledge of primary instrumentation.
• Proficiency with schematic wiring diagrams.
• Proficiency with process control content of P&I diagrams
• Practical applications experience with PLC Control Logic systems
• Background in control systems support and maintenance of PLC or DCS based systems for real time operations.
• Advanced process-troubleshooting experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is available now! Submit your resume for thorough consideration. If you meet the criteria above, you will be contacted for a confidential interview.