This is an exciting opportunity for a growth-minded sales manager, experienced in managing sales people who sell rotating equipment like blowers, mixers, pumps, mechanical seals, vacuum systems, and engineered systems.
What Makes this a Desirable Opportunity?
- The opportunity to move into a branch GM role within 5 years.
- The opportunity to coach and develop 5 salespeople to greater success.
- The opportunity to work for a distributor with a focused, well-defined value proposition and an excellent line-card.
My client is a Southeast Regional distributor who has been in business over 30 years. They are well respected as solution providers, not simply product providers. Their clients include both industrial and municipal facilities, and they support both up- and down-stream processing functions surrounding fluid and air handling.
The position is newly created, in part to “understudy” the GM prior to his retirement. Clear metrics define performance expectations – metrics around customer feedback, booking growth, gross margin and salesforce productivity.
Your experience growing salespeople to be better at developing business issues and selling higher in the organization will be highly valued. The sales staff is comprised of individuals with anywhere from 1 to 20 years of experience.
This company provides a benefits package that includes group health insurance, dental insurance, both short and long term disability insurance, and a 401K match. First year total compensation can be expected to be $120,000 - $150,000 depending on experience and performance.
To Be Considered, You Will Have the Following Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience and 2 years of sales management experience in the rotating equipment industry (pumps, blowers, mixers, mechanical seals …)
- Can demonstrate, articulate your success in managing sales people
- 4-year degree, preferably in a technical field
- Willingness to relocate to the Birmingham, AL area