Transport Van Driver
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday (scheduled as needed)
STATUS: Part-time, Non-exempt
Back up driver desired with experience in transporting individuals, including those in wheelchair, to and from medical appointments and other agencies providing supportive services. Assist residents that are not physically capable of using public modes of transportation. Must present a pleasant, friendly atmosphere to all passengers daily and delivered in a safe, efficient and courteous manner.
Come join our team as a driver!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all van paperwork. (i.e. sign-in sheets, log mileage and van log book)
- Help residents that are in wheelchairs or unable to board by themselves get in and off the van.
- Check-in during office hours for time schedule, map, and other pertinent information.
- Report, in confidence, any problems or concerns you may have to the ASD office.
- Review agency policies often. (Posted in the van)
- Must have a valid insurable Texas Driver License.
- Possess a good driving record.
- Driving experience.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to assist with emergency evacuation procedures.
- Must be able to negotiate stairways and to access emergency alarm equipment immediately.
- Sensitivity to culturally, racially and sexually diverse client, staff and volunteer population populations is essential.
The information contained here is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications of individuals performing the job.
TO APPLY: Interested persons should reply via email with a resume to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.