Highland Consulting Group is a national executive search firm that focuses on placing top construction talent with great contractors.
A large construction contractor in the Bethesda, MD area is actively seeking an Accounting Controller. This company is a 100 year construction contractor that is extremely professional, healthy, stable, growing, does only high-level quality work, and is well respected in the industry. This position manages the day to day operation of the company’s accounting department. The department has three members that handle the general AP, AR, payroll, invoicing, and etc. This position manages the team and works on items such as tax returns, cash flow projections, project reporting. Since the company is so healthy and stable the accounting department is very well structured and in good order. You will not be walking into a mess with a ton of surprises.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals, assign tasks, review work, train staff, and other traditional management roles
- Review Work in Progress reports
- Create and review cash projections
- Create and file tax reports
- Create and manage department Project & Loss reports
- Work with auditors as needed
- Follow the company’s financial culture to maintain the company’s stability
- 4 year degree is required – Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 8 years experience coordinating audit activities, managing reporting, budget development and analysis, Accounts payable (AP), Accounts receivable (AR), General ledger (GL), payroll, and tax filings
- Must have extensive experience in working for a construction contractor in an accounting capacity
- Strong computer skills and can learn new software as required
- Ability to manage multiple team members and meet project deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA certification preferred
Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, health care and dependent day care FSA's, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k) plan, vacation, sick time, holidays as well as company bonuses.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 972-4753.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.