Amazing Direct Hire SR. Controls Opportunity with a Global Client who is investing millions into their Rochester, NY Manufacturing Facility! Come join a world class, family like team and be a part of a new product line addition!
The Sr. Controls Engineer will be Responsible for the design, documentation, validation, integration, and administration of controls systems on production equipment. They will also Creates new hardware and software designs for new equipment, maintaining documentation of existing systems, and supports continuous improvement initiatives. In addition duties include technical support and development of maintenance technicians responsible for daily repair and maintenance of equipment.
• Design controls systems for automated manufacturing equipment Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), electronic and pneumatic.
• Recommend and develop control specification for the selection of capital equipment for manufacturing processes.
• Improve current automated equipment to improve cycle time, increase uptime, improved quality, and increase productivity.
• Provide 24/7 engineering support as required to production equipment and processes, including advising and developing maintenance technicians.
• Prepare and conduct protocols on manufacturing line to validate new control systems on manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Direct analytical problem solving and creativity/innovation to improve key business drivers by utilizing formal problem solving methods.
• Maintain documentation and records of related process development efforts to meet FDA guidelines using the change management process. This includes ensuring that manufacturing lines are made secure and have all changes made to the process tracked including performance (i.e. process capability and statistical process control).
• Train employees on new technologies and manufacturing processes. Leads small teams & champions team activities.
• Generate and update electrical and pneumatic drawings. • Identify technologies to be used for new applications. Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to processes, procedures and projects for innovative, breakthrough and continual improvements to achieve full optimization of process. Investigate and analyze equipment failure or issues to find the root cause, makes recommendations and execute improvements.
• Assist Manufacturing personnel in process troubleshooting and improvements. Support of special projects, as requested by a project manager. These include, but are not limited to, cost improvements, product development, and lean six sigma projects.
• Resolve process and equipment problems and provide guidance to manufacturing and maintenance.
• Strong communication skills required for interaction with all levels of the organization.
Capable of programming Allen Bradley PLCs.
• Have working knowledge of the majority of the following: RSLogix 5000, RSLogix500, RSLinx, ControlLogix PLC, SLC5000, Panel View, Factory Talk View SE and Transaction Manager.
• PC programming including: Visual Basic and Sequel Server database interfaces. Visual Studio.net experience is a plus.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
• Ability to use statistics and mathematics.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from mangers, customers, and government regulatory officials.
• Advanced skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.