Senior Manager, Managed Markets Analytics
My client is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company located in the western suburbs of Boston, MA. They are creating innovative therapies that help transform people’s lives, while playing an increasingly active role in the future of global health. They strive to contribute to society through innovative application of science and medicine for the betterment of healthcare worldwide.
Their culture is collaborative, very positive, high energy, enthusiastic people. It’s a culture where you can be noticed, advance, and make a difference, to the company, and to the patients they serve. They are looking, not just for someone who can do the job today, but for someone who can grow to become one of their organization's future leaders. If you are curious, passionate, and determined to make a difference, this could be the organization for you!
Seeking a Senior Manager, Managed Markets Analytics – Managed Markets to join their team.
- Prior managed markets/managed care analytics experience
- Experience with managed markets data
- Breadth of analytic techniques including multivariate
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Must be office based in the Boston, MA area (Not a remote role)
- Must be authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship
The Senior Manager, Managed Markets Analytics will have primary responsibility for all aspects of market insights and secondary analysis for Managed Markets customer groups, including the identification of analytical needs, fielding technical questions from a variety of Managed Markets Team Functions and the execution and interpretation of PMR studies and the analysis of syndicated, secondary market data for competitive intelligence and market understanding purposes. This also includes responsibility for aspects of intelligence collection, integration, analysis and communication in order to provide timely, actionable intelligence to the company’s internal business partners that influences the strategic business decision making of the company’s Managed Markets and Brand Management and ensure that the evolving external environment is incorporated in strategy development and tactical interventions.
- Have primary responsibility for the analysis of syndicated, secondary market data for managed markets and market evolution
- Meet defined delivery schedules for reports
- Work directly with Managed Markets personnel in the assessment of current strategies and tactics and ideate/execute on enhancements
- Interact with extended brand team and Sr. Management to present analyses recommendations needed to guide high-level decisions. Assure that all relevant information from other functions (e.g. Sales Analytics, Business Intelligence) has been integrated into analyses
- Manages Professional Staff: Coordinates and manages daily activities of support or technical staff. Solves problems within own department. Triage customer needs and assesses requirements. Partner with internal teams to build new solutions
- Assure delivery of standard and ad-hoc tracking reports for assigned area/product, including monthly product reports to sales teams. Respond to ad hoc information requests from other departments
- Demonstrate full product, customer and performance knowledge and be interactive in tactical and strategic planning sessions. Clearly demonstrate impact/influence on direction of responsible product’s marketing plans and direction
- Ensure that corporate standards of excellence and compliance are upheld
- Work with internal customers to assure that marketing insights are being communicated and used effectively to meet corporate goals.
- Share knowledge of methodologies and high-quality vendors with other managers in the department
- Improve and update technical competency regularly through outside seminars and through vendor presentations.
- Demonstrate continual staff capability evolution as result of on-the-job or external training initiatives
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to main the company’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience required
- 5 years pharmaceutical sales analytics experience or related analytical pharmaceutical experience (e.g. Marketing Research, forecasting, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in all types of analytical techniques including multivariate analytical techniques
- Demonstrated interpersonal, managerial and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels of the organization (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Ability to work with other disciplines in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget and resources
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization
- History of successful performance
- Demonstrates acceptable level of performance for all competencies as defined in the On Track to Success Competency Model
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.), Outlook, and database applications (SAS)
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel)