Reporting to the District Head of Sales for one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding services. For more than 100 years, our client has been providing customers with services that helps them manage their cargo supporting the way they want to do business. They offer multi-carrier air, ocean and project logistic services and tap into decades of experience to make the customer experience seamless.
The Sr. Business Development Manager ORD is a customer facing role with the overall responsibility for the commercial and financial development of a defined customer portfolio, within a defined geographical scope. This position is accountable to deliver planned levels of additional and new business GP from existing and targeted Customers. The SBDM will be expected to build and leverage internal relationships to facilitate result delivery.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Direct sales for an International Freight Forwarder (4 yrs)
- Knowledge of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology
- Excellent knowledge of local markets and competitive landscape
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning large opportunities
- Multimodal (ocean/air, import/export customs brokerage)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer literate (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Education: High School diploma
- Residence: Greater Chicago area
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Branch Operations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Executive level presentation skills to C-level, Vice Presidents & Directors
- Strong relationship building skills both locally and internationally
- Proven track record in a matrix, multi-cultural organization
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Director: Linda Marmash
Freight Forwarding Transportation
Click here to apply online