My client, a leading General Contractor, is searching for a Sr Estimator for their Saint Louis location. The Sr Estimator is responsible for leading, developing and completing accurate estimates for competitive and negotiated projects.
In this position you will:
- Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs.
- Secure and manage distribution of project construction documents, preparation and review of bid packages and bid day responsibilities.
- Develop subcontractor interest in projects and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
- Qualify and level subcontractors’ proposals according to project specifics.
- Secure labor and insurance rates, special insurance premium cost and bid bonds.
- Collaborate with client, project manager, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with plan documents, and to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
- Manage overall assembly on bid day of Timberline estimate, including completing alternates, addressing clarifications/V.E. issues and final review of proposal package and values.
- Assist in identifying cost for scope of work reductions and value engineering suggestions.
- Present final estimate, schedule, general conditions, sub bid results and unusual or critical issues to Project Manager and Superintendent at Project Debriefing Meeting.
- Assist with conceptual estimates and budgets as need arises.
- Identify new and qualified subcontractors and material suppliers for bidder’s book.
To qualify for this position, you must have the following background:
- Five or more years of experience in an estimating position in the construction industry, preferably for a commercial general contractor.
- Estimating experience and familiarity with projects in the commercial, multi-family, retail, healthcare, light industrial, educational and recreational markets.
- Proven conceptual estimating, quantitative take off and labor and material pricing skills and experience estimating all divisions of commercial construction.
- BS in construction management, civil engineering or related area preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Timberline, On-Screen Take-Off, Microsoft Project, Revit, and Ag-Tek preferred.
This company is a different kind of Construction Company. Many companies talking about the importance of relationships, but not many deliver. Because the work they do depends on their ability to successfully facilitate and manage work, it is critical to they create value along the way.
My client is very motivated to hire and this position won’t be around for long. For consideration please forward a Word copy of your resume to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will contacted within 24 hours.