CDMO/CMO Commercial Services Manager (Client Account Management):
My client, a pharma CDMO/CMO company located in the New Jersey shore area, is a fast-growing contract development and manufacturing company that develops and manufactures high quality pharmaceuticals that fulfill patient needs. They recognize that patient care relies on quality pharmaceutical drugs that have gained the confidence of healthcare professionals. With decades of experience and their state-of-the-art facility, they can develop and manufacture a broad range of products.
This company is looking for outstanding individuals to join their team. Build a rewarding career with them and be part of a group of talented individuals that provide reliable, high-quality pharmaceuticals.
They have the expertise and resources you need for success. Experience the satisfaction of knowing that your career makes a difference in patients’ lives!
Due to growth, I am currently seeking Two CDMO/CMO Commercial Services Managers (Client Account Management) for this client. These Managers will work primarily on the manufacturing side, being the liaison between the client and the manufacturing teams.
- CDMO or CMO Pharmaceutical Account Management or Program Management experience
- May also consider pharmaceutical side portfolio or program management experience
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- Experience managing external customers is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Must be willing to be based in-office in Jersey Shores area of NJ (relo is provided)
The CDMO/CMO Commercial Services Manager (Client Account Management) will be responsible for providing leadership in the management of the overall business relationship of contract manufacturing customer accounts with the goal of maximizing customer service and customer satisfaction while following internal processes and utilizing internal systems. This role maintains a full understanding of client programs and commercial orders managed throughout the order fulfillment process from receiving forecasts to delivery on purchase orders.
The scope of the position covers the following major areas: 1) customer relationship management (internal and external) 2) finance and forecast management 3) Support for Purchasing and Logistics 4) Project Management for post-approval/post-launch product changes 5) Support for new Business Development.
This role acts as the primary liaison between the company and the external customer, maintaining an understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and product development requirements. This role also serves as the internal customer advocate while balancing company’s requirements and priorities. This role leads cross functional teams to ensure there is prompt resolution of issues and challenges related to commercial manufacturing requirements.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Serves as the primary liaison between the client and the internal departments
- Responsible for leading client facing meetings and ensuring meeting documentation is available and complete
- Develops action plan(s) for a client in order to optimize service levels while still meeting internal company objectives
- Conducts regular business review meetings that include a scorecard review of critical metrics
- Organizes and manages client site visits
- Ensures that required planning and technical information is being exchanged appropriately between organizations
- Identifies key client contacts and events and ensures appropriate engagement of internal stakeholders
- Financial and Contract Acumen
- Understands and implements the key milestones identified in the client contracts; pricing, payment terms, term of contract, liability and renewal options etc.
- Assists with the development of the annual commercial forecasts/budgets
- Works with Customers and Finance to ensure payment processes are established and meet both companies' requirements
- Participates in the negotiation of new client contracts and or updates existing contracts as necessary
- Commercial Delivery
- Manages and communicates all logistical issues related to the Client’s commercial service, including coordinating client requests to the internal teams and working with site personnel to ensure client delivery requirements and priorities are visible and are being processed appropriately
- Understands and monitors forecast and production volumes, capacity issues and cycle time and scheduling parameters
- Receives Purchase orders, reviews accuracy of pricing and delivery dates based on contractual obligations
- Manages customer’s on hand inventory including client-supplied materials, obsolete, slow moving and works with customers on disposition decisions
- Works with the client and our internal team members to address issues and risks associated with achieving product delivery and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Manages Bill of Material implementation on behalf of the customer to ensure proper materials are utilized for commercial orders. Coordinates all product changes to the commercial products, including obtaining all client approvals to administer the change
- Participates in the Annual Pricing review and creates the pricing schedule and letter to review with the client
- Product Management
- Facilitates product related process changes and identifies the resources and actions needed to implement the changes (scope of work definition)
- Manages and communicates all logistical issues related to the product development services, including coordinating client requests to the internal teams and working with site personnel to ensure client delivery requirements and priorities are visible and are being processed appropriately
- Develop creative solutions to technical and organizational problems in order to keep projects on schedule
- Collaborates with site management to solve challenges associated with commercial order fulfillment
- Oversees and utilizes Account Coordinators as necessary to accomplish job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Science and/or Engineering from a four-year college or University is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience is required. Combination of project management, pharmaceutical product development, supply chain and management experience is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory and management level capacity is required. In addition, must have held a number of positions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to address issues appropriately with senior management, peers and subordinates in an exceedingly diverse environment
- Well defined business development and negotiation skills
- Computer literacy, including expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant software
- Superior problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity and a propensity for dealing with complex issues in a practical, cost-effective manner
- Demonstrated leadership skills and interpersonal effectiveness