Excellent opportunity for a Sr. Credit Administrator with one of the most successful, well-capitalized financial institutions in the country.
The Sr. Credit Administrator reports directly to the Chief Credit Officer and is responsible for the administration and management of the Commercial loan process including submission of credit underwriting memo’s, loan risk ratings, documentation, closing, file maintenance and data input. Works specifically on complex loans for commercial real estate, lines of credit and term loans. Manages the entire credit process, including, underwriters and processors.
- Coordinate, develop and supports the creation and ongoing update of lending policies.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and reporting of risk rating and asset quality models.
- Develops competitive credit strategies that prudently and effectively mitigate risk.
- Communicates the credit direction, lending philosophy and risk management efforts to internal audiences.
- Responsible for staff management including coaching, training, communication, staffing, performance reviews and coordinating all department meetings and activities.
- Proactively manages the portfolio to both maximize profitability and ensure strong asset quality through consistent and timely identification and resolution of issues as well as accurate assessment and assignment of loan risk ratings.
- Demonstrates functional, technical and credit expertise and effectively transfers this knowledge to team members; provides coaching and mentoring to others within the organization.
- Participates as an active member of Loan Committee.
- In conjunction with the Chief Lending Officer and the Loan Operations Manager, continue to develop and enhance the Association's Community Reinvestment Act program, documenting activities and maintaining information that support the regulation.
- Request confidential financial and ECOA information from loan applicants, complying with state and federal lending regulations and Association loan policies, as required.
- Develops, updates and prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports related to loan commitments and credit quality for both management and branch staff.
- Monitor loan portfolio to ensure conformity with terms, ascertain any developing trends, identify potential problems and to ensure loans are risk-rated properly.
- Monitors Association credit for past dues, volume, servicing and new business.
- Responsible for department operations including budgeting, sales, customer service, security, compliance and other procedural requirements.
- Responsible for keeping all department personnel up-to-date on loan rates, loan programs, policy or underwriting changes as they occur.
- Provides training to underwriting and lending teams.
Minimum 5-7 yrs of commercial lending and/or underwriting experience, particularly underwriting and monitoring all aspects of commercial loan transactions.
Strong understanding of accounting, financial statement analysis and business valuation methods (solid analytical skills).
Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
High level working knowledge of software; Excel, Word, etc.
Ability to work w/ outside service providers (legal counsel, auditors, examiners, appraisers, etc.).
Working knowledge of the regulatory environment.
For further consideration towards this and/or other opportunities please inquire confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-850-2437. All inquiries held in strict confidence. Thank you for your interest.