We have a great opening for a Maintenance Manager to join a global manufacturer of high purity specialty hydrocarbons and white oils used in the consumer and industrial markets. We are looking for a hands on leader to develop and execute a strong preventative maintenance program for a chemical manufacturing facility that has been in operation for over 100 years. You will lead the activities of a team of maintenance professionals and will oversee project implementation of plant maintenance projects while developing a reliability based maintenance strategy
This leadership role is north of Pittsburgh in a beautiful area with a great cost of living. Butler was named as the 7th best small town in America and Cranberry is one of the fasted growing areas in PA. You have the best of all worlds! You are close a major metro area with championship sports teams with lots of family activities and great colleges and schools in the area. Yet you have country living just minutes away! This role has a solid benefits and a strong compensation package and has relocation support.
- Interfacing daily with production Process Managers and Engineering to receive requests for repair work and to provide status of ongoing work.
- Communicating upcoming projects to site management so any impact to operations can be anticipated.
- Supervision of the Maintenance team including determination of work schedules and priorities, performance evaluation and administration of disciplinary actions.
- Monitoring work of contractors/vendors to ensure quality of workmanship and timeliness of completion.
- Tracking key metrics for the Maintenance Department.
- Managing the Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Assisting in troubleshooting issues/problems with plant equipment
- Initiate and lead improvement projects for the process, equipment, and facility. This includes capital projects as required.
- Managing the up-keep of the facilities and grounds utilizing both in-house and contracted resources.
- Directing equipment inventories, inspections and maintenance for all equipment used by maintenance.
- Determining skills needed on various operating shifts and scheduling craftsman accordingly.
- Ensuring maintenance craftsman are qualified to do the work they are assigned; and arranging HS&EP training to comply with site standards.
- Participating in safety audits/inspections.
- Leading site Lean/TPM efforts.
- Prioritizing corrective maintenance work requirements.
- Managing the Maintenance budget and project budgets.
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical). (AS degree candidates with a strong maintenance and operations background will be considered.)
- 7+ years relevant experience in a heavy continuous process manufacturing experience highly desired. ie pulp/ paper, chemical manufacturing, refinery, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance supervision
- Maintenance Leader who is proactive, focused and able to handle their work without being instructed.
- Must be skilled in Instrumentation and Controls, Plant Management Systems, Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Need to be strong with documentation systems
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of maintenance and reliability technologies such as asset productivity best practices, PPM, RCFA, RCM, MIQA, planning and scheduling, etc.
- Skilled in managing technical projects in an industrial environment.
- Experienced in mechanical, pneumatics and electrical repair
- Facilities maintenance experience.
- Strong electrical/controls background including knowledge of PLC's.
- TPM experience preferred.
- Possess strong management and planning/organization skills.
- Articulate in written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional certifications / training are a plus
- Advanced education is a plus!