If you are looking for a challenging role in Quality Assurance where you can impact the customer experience and drive the needed changes within the manufacturing process and utilize your entrepreneurial ideas, then this role may appeal to you for your next career step. We are seeking individuals who are experienced Quality professionals with experience improving quality standards, procedures, activities and driving change in a non union manufacturing facility.
We are seeking individuals with the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Professional in a manufacturing plant role
- Automotive Experience
- APQP/PPAP Experience
- TS16949 expertise
- Experience with GD&T and blueprint reading
- Working with Six Sigma problem solving
The individual will be responsible for the following:
The Quality Engineer will work to improve quality systems for the manufacturing operation which supplies OEM's and Tier 1 customers, there will be customer interaction. You will also maintain quality systems and standards , work with PPAP and APQP, GD&T and Problem solving using lean or six sigma tools, 8D, 5Y and work with kaizen events. The Quality Engineer will provide customer satisfaction and improve the products and services the plant provides
- Work on quality projects for customers to improve all aspects of quality within the plant
- Develop a Quality Plan by establishing objectives to continually improve quality of products and quality systems.
- Communicate Requirements of customers to manufacturing and suppliers.
- Direct investigation of customer concerns, and facilitate a team for root cause problem solving and corrective actions.
- Distribute information on solving for root causes and to take corrective actions, Distribute information on customer concerns internally and back to our customers.
- Provide information to the team involving customer concerns, and information for solving issues.
- Manage the product verification, working with PPAP, APQP, kaizen events, GD&T, six sigma, faro-arm
- Ensure that the facility is compliant with TS 16949 standards.
- Problem solving to reduce scrap, and provide more robust processes for the production operation
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and concerns.
- Work with all department managers on quality systems, and any changes that need to occur based on customer requirements and communicate requirements and their product performance to suppliers.
- Interprets customer specifications to establish lab procedures, product testing parameters and to collect process data, analysis and to resolve problems and other quality concerns.
- Work with the process of introducing new parts and products into the plant, and ensure everything is ready for production process.
- Ensure compliance with all quality standards
- An essential aspect of the position is to provide quality planning for long and short term, so that objectives of our customers, the corporation and the plant are met.
- Receives guidance from Plant Manager and Corporate Quality Management for system change.