Manager of CDI and Coding
Near Fresno California
Our Client is an award winning hospital system that caters to the Central Valley of California. Nationally ranked in 4 specialties, this system has an immediate need for an experienced Manager of Clinical Documentation and Coding due to a promotion.
Oversees the planning, organization, supervision and coordination for the clinical documentation improvement, inpatient and outpatient coding teams. Supervises all staff clinical documentation improvement specialists and coders. Coding responsibilities includes facility/hospital coding as well as specific provider coding including but not limited to surgery, interventional radiology, and cardiac catherization. Responsible for facilitating and coordinating appropriate physician documentation for clinical conditions or procedures. Responsible for initial and ongoing physician/clinician documentation education and ongoing training, clinical documentation template design, quality of ICD-10-CM/PCS and coding and CPT procedure coding of hospital and limited physician billing and CMS & APR-DRG assignment. Responsible for facilitating modifications to overall quality, including NCCI denials and other denials, and completeness of medical record documentation. The incumbent will interface with key departments and leadership such as Finance, Revenue Cycle Management, ITS, Corporate Compliance, and physician and administrative leaders.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Health Information Management, or related health care field. Minimum five (5) years related work experience is required with experience implementing a hospital clinical documentation improvement program preferred.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) is required.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) is required.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (CDIS) and Certified Professional Coder (CDC) are preferred.
- BSN or BS in HIM or related healthcare field.
- CCS required.
- RHIT or RHIA required.
- CDIS preferred.
- CDC preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Plans.
- Life Insurance.
- Defined Contribution Base Plan/403(b) Retirement Program.
- Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability.
- Accident Insurance.
- Personal Cancer Insurance.
- Long Term Care.
- Educational Assistance.
- General Education Reimbursement Plan.
If you are looking to join a nationally recognized hospital system and enjoy the benefits of living and working in affordable Central California, please apply confidentially to the link below:
Click here to apply online