Gas Engineering Professional and subject matter expert with and extensive experience in the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas systems and installations. Project Lead who manages a portfolio of gas distribution projects within the region. Analyzes system and customer needs, recommending and developing specific projects for implementation.
• Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with full latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities
• Gas systems include, gate stations, regulator stations, SCADA systems, telemetry, large worker/monitor regulator stations, uprates, pipeline projects and bridge and RR crossings
• Perform site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procures materials and equipment. Coordinate in-house and contract labor with Planning & Scheduling and Gas Operations
• Prepare projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings; evaluate bids and initiate award of purchase orders.
• Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes
• Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments
• Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance; provide technical support and ensure compliance with field procedures, coordinates with Gas Control and oversee project startup or retirement activities; redesign and initiate field changes as necessary
• Recognize and evaluate unsafe project, work, and environmental conditions; initiate/ design/ implement corrective action
• Evaluate opportunities to utilize alternative technology in pursuit of cost reduction, increased production, and reduced environmental impact
• Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects
• Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design changes to existing gas piping systems
• Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys
• Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies
• Provide professional engineer’s stamp for regulatory required projects
• BSME, BSCE or similar, required; PE Preferred
• 6-8+ years of related experience, including significant gas engineering and projects experience, required
• Demonstrated excellence in project leadership, coordination, and budget management tasks
• Extensive knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations and industry codes
• Thorough knowledge of computer applications systems
• Self-motivated and acts independently with minimum oversight; customer focused
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
2239m-Senior Engineer, Gas Engineering, Electric & Gas Utility
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Key Words: BSCE MSCE Civil Engineer Mechanical license professional engineer PE Natural Gas Transmission Distribution pipeline engineering regulator stations gate SCADA project control safety.