Director/Senior Director, Trade & Channel Management (Can be field-based)
My client, a small biopharma company with US Headquarters located in San Francisco, CA, discovers and develops innovative medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. Their R&D pipeline of new investigational drugs includes treatments for cancer and auto-immune disease. They leverage proprietary and proven chemistry platform in the discovery and design of their new drug candidates.
Their success is rooted in four key elements: 1) Their track record, reflected by a portfolio of successful approved medicines which emanated from their chemistry platform and are made available globally by their pharmaceutical partners; 2) Their unique research and development pipeline of new investigational medicines in cancer and immunology; 3) Their proprietary and proven science and technology approach that fuels their discovery efforts; and 4) Their team of dedicated scientists, clinicians and employees focused on bringing new medicines to patients with debilitating diseases.
This company is building a culture that encourages vision, initiative, and the development of talent. Their supportive work environment fosters creative thinking and freedom of expression; a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. With facilities around the globe, they respect and admire diversity and nurture the wealth of ideas, inspired effort, and unique perspectives that it promotes. Their employees are essential to the future growth of their company. They value their dedication and recognize their contributions to their success.
As the company builds their commercial team, I am seeking a Director/Senior Director, Trade and Channel Management to join them.
- Strong Trade and Channel experience
- GPO relationships in the field
- MUST have solid (and current) oncology experience
- Buy and bill experience
- Prefer experience with IV products
- Approximately 33% travel
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
- ROLE CAN BE BASED IN FIELD OR IN-OFFICE
The Director/Senior Director, Trade and Channel Management works with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate access and access solutions for patients and providers. Establishes and manages ongoing business relationships with 3PL, Specialty Distributers, Specialty Pharmacies, Key Accounts, and Oncology Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO). This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Ensures efficient distribution and channel strategy that satisfies the needs of payers, providers, and patients
- Leverages data and analytics to assess ongoing operations of our business, and share key findings with cross functional team members and senior management
- Partners closely with market access and the payer team to address any channel challenges
- Works with manufacturing to ensure appropriate stock levels to meet customer requirements
- Ensures all distribution and channel initiatives are compliant and legal
- Works closely with finance to ensure pricing and contracting initiatives are executed and monitored appropriately
- Key contact with Oncology GPOs, existing relationships preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline
- Equivalent experience may be accepted
- A minimum of 13+ years’ experience
- Pharma/Biotech experience
- Previous experience establishing and managing ongoing business with 3PL, Specialty Distributers, Specialty Pharmacies, Key Accounts, and GPOs
- 10+ years previous management experience preferred
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and present data to leadership and across the organization. Ability to lead and influence across functionally
- Experience managing distribution and channel for Oncology products
- Particular interest in IV therapies
- Understanding of buy and build model and reimbursement implications
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to lead business and technical discussions internally and externally
- Must be experienced with and capable of explaining complex concepts
- Must have demonstrated experience in exercising sound business judgment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work across multiple functions, disciplines and people
- Approximately 33% travel