Reporting to the Director, Operations for a modern service provider of end-to-end cargo solutions, our client is committed to helping their customers’, local and global, to meet or exceed their business objectives by supplying and managing advanced technology-enabled supply chain solutions & services. They have size and strength everywhere in the world and are able to integrate their system solutions with customers’ ERP, CRM, PO management or operating systems.
The Associate Account Operations Manager is responsible for operational and technical management for named accounts. This position will facilitate, monitor, and integrate their clients USA service offering, both internally and externally, to optimize service delivery, customer value/satisfaction, and to drive continuous improvement.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Knowledge of international transportation & logistics (ocean 3PL/4PL/PO management) (2 yrs)
- Working knowledge of EDI concepts and processes and ERP systems (JDE/SAP, etc)
- Knowledge of transportation modes, tariffs, and systems
- Manage to KPI’s and metrics
- Data gathering for creation and analysis of customer reports
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Education: BS in Logistics or equivalent in experience (2 years)
- Residence: greater Newark, NJ area
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: Advanced degree
- Proficiency in GT Nexus
- Understanding of China customs export & import regulations
- Six Sigma quality process training and/or Lean methodologies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills
- Detail oriented
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Director: Linda Marmash
Freight Forwarding Transportation
Click here to apply online