Do you value responsibility? Are you looking to advance your career with a well-established leader in the Food Industry? Our client is seeking a Director of Procurement with an extensive background in the cheese and ingredient sector of the Dairy Industry.
The Director of Procurement oversees and manages raw materials for Dairy Powders, Flavors, Colors and Inclusions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ordering process, management of inventories for assigned categories, and supplier relationships and strategies
- Partner with R&D team to identify materials used in development of products and ensure procurement preparedness for launch of new items and materials
- Manage releases of inventories between warehouses
- Order and maintain inventories on assigned categories for the company, negotiating the lowest prices and best service profiles possible.
- Serve as a procurement back-up for the purchase of cheese, packaging, consumables and other ingredients
- Support weekly production schedule sourcing out and procuring on a contracted basis and from various spot markets. (Source materials meeting safety and quality standards are part of buying discussions)
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Collaborate with the VP of Procurement on outlook for dairy markets and implications of market conditions
- Role will be approximately 50% buying responsibility of assigned categories, 25% support to VP of Procurement on the Cheese category and 25% NPD business partner and back up support to the Procurement team
- Demonstrate adherence to the site’s Safety and GMP practices
- Travel-Estimated 20% with ability to travel International
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience buying dairy commodities
- Experience and knowledge of the Cheese and Ingredients sector of the Dairy Industry REQUIRED
- Knowledge of HACCP and food safety and quality program principles
- Strong understanding of dairy commodity markets
- Experience developing and maintaining extensive dairy sourcing contacts within the industry
- Excellent verbal, analytical, communication and mathematical skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent people relationship skills
- Learning agility to develop skills and experiences towards increased responsibilities and manage a high growth business
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Position is based at headquarters in Wisconsin
***All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!