We have an exceptional opportunity for a hands on motivated Thin Film Engineering Manager to join a technology leader in the thin film coatings industry! They are a cutting edge company with the patents to prove it! The company has built their business on solving technology problems for a variety of industries over the past 20+ years. The culture is entrepreneurial and allows you to work creatively in a team work environment!
The pluses to this company are simply too numerous to put into print. We are looking for a Engineering Leader who is floor experienced and has both theoretical and practical understanding of thin film coatings. You will lead a team in state-of-the-art optical coatings thin film manufacturing processes, development and optimization. This role reports to the CTO.
This position is well compensated and has a generous benefits package including 401k, medical, dental, drug, flex spending plan, paid holidays, life insurance, disability, paid holidays and tuition reimbursement. Located in Northern California community that has a fantastic lifestyle, beautiful scenery all around, great biking and outdoor activities! What is not to like?!
- Leading the engineering team and cross-functional engagement with the operations team to support company objectives.
- Oversee individual engineers who have program management responsibility or coordinate with program managers from other functions.
- Supports the CTO mission of technology development and the Quality mission of continuous improvement.
- Supervises employee recruitment, selection, training, mentoring, performance assessment, priorities, and work assignments.
- Directs engineering activities from product design through full production sustainment.
- Runs engineering action plans and program development processes
- Keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Oversees organizational development and maintenance of engineering staff competence.
- Works closely with the CTO to deliver new processes and products.
- Supports Sales & Marketing teams for customer retention and new business development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Must be experienced in sputtering, evaporation or chemical vapor deposition for producing optical thin films.
- Have progressive experience in thin film coating and design.
- Proficient with New Product Introduction (NPI) and product data management systems (PDM).
- Possess an inspirational, adaptive leadership style
- Skilled with SPC and DOE techniques.
- Experience in formal quality systems such as ISO, AS or IATF.
- Promotes innovation and collaboration that fosters and engaged workforce committed to common goals.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills:
- Focus on driving fact-based decisions and executing with discipline and urgency.
- Active Secret clearance is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus