Sales Manager-Food Ingredients
Develop and execute strategies to deliver aggressive growth within the meat and pet food industry for the Company product portfolio within the North American region.
- Direct prospecting of potential accounts across USA and Canada. Meet annual goals and execute strategic business plans. Identifying opportunities for sustainable growth. Develop and implement strategic sales plans for Key Accounts.
- Responsible for communication between Company product and the meat industry. Participates in defining sales and marketing strategy for the meat industry. Recommends new products to be launched and participates in product management for the meat industry.
- Manages technical support for the meat industry by coordinating available internal resources and engaging external resources when required
- Review market trends and develop competitive data to formulate strategies and plans that deliver top and bottom-line growth. Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships at senior levels with decision makers at the major accounts. Manage supply tenders, contracts and auctions as necessary in conjunction with management.
- Competitive Intelligence – develop a deep understanding of competitor activity within the meat and pet food arena including understanding cost positions for key competitors.
- Assist in developing pricing strategies that optimize profitability based upon the value that we deliver relative to competition, and other market dynamics.
- Maintain an active and ongoing CRM database within the MS Dynamics environment.
- A minimum of B.S in any discipline. Qualifications in Food Science, Meat Science would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the meat industry and players within this space is essential.
- Proven experience in this space either in ingredients or additive is required.
- Minimum of 10 years successful track record in value selling and commercial growth within the food industry with emphasis on meat.
- Energetic and effective self-starter with strong technical, verbal and communication skills.
- Able to problem solve and work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Able to interact at various levels at a client and coordinate activities including plant trials.
- Ability to set priorities and execute against these with a goal of extracting the most from channel partners and markets.
- Experience of influencing and persuading at a senior level across functions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion and proven project management skills.
- Able to travel extensively and work out of a home office.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Very professional, flexible on my schedule, perfect follow up & spoke very professionally. Great over all service!
Larry, Sales Manager in the Chicago Area