· Has weekly safety/information meetings with department.
· Responsible for interviewing to determine most qualified applicants for any openings.
· Provides appropriate orientation for new employee by using supervisor’s check list as well as ongoing coaching.
· Responsible for rewarding performance by gift cards or merit increases for exceptional employee performance and/or increased responsibility.
· Assigns duties to employees and adequately explains how the duties are to be completed.
· Works closely with HR department to make sure any departmental/job title changes are communicated.
· Maintains neat and orderly work station.
· Wears required safety glasses, works safely and reports unsafe conditions to Safety Manager.
· Performs other duties as required by Plant Manager.