RN Director of Behavioral Health
Research Triangle, North Carolina area
Our client is a 120 bed acute hospital and residential behavioral health facility that serves children and adolescents. They provide a structured, therapeutic and safe environment for those patients who require acute and residential care with psychiatric, mental or behavioral challenges.
They are seeking an experienced Director of Nursing for our Psychiatric Residential Treatment serving youth and their families who are in crisis. With anticipation of future service growth, we are seeking an experienced nursing leader with psychiatric experience.
The Director of Nursing supports our dynamic organization with professional accountability in the following areas:
- Provides leadership and applies advance nursing practices in support of high quality care.
- Partners with CEO, medical staff, licensed nurses and other mental health professionals to evolve an effective interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Ensure compliance and readiness with licensing / Joint Commission accreditation standards.
- Chairs quality improvement and monitoring for the professional nursing function.
- Interviews, selects, on-boards and retains a highly prepared nursing staff compliment.
- Effective liaison with schools of nursing and assigned medical staff residents.
- Identifies staff development opportunities, provides training / skills verification and/or makes provisions for qualified instructors.
- Reporting to the CEO, a key participant on the Medical Executive Committee and takes occasional administrative call.
- Ideal candidate will have an accredited Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Registered Nursing license and recent clinical experience within a psychiatric hospital or residential setting.
- Will consider a bachelor’s prepared applicant with five plus years progressive responsibility in behavioral health along with a current or planned enrollment in a graduate degree program.
Selected candidate will receive a competitive base salary, a quarterly performance bonus, comprehensive benefit package and professional development/advancement opportunities. Relocation assistance and potential sign on available.
For prompt and confidential consideration, please apply to the link below:
Click here to apply online