A growing food packaging division of a Global company with 10K people needs Maintenance Mechanics, 2 levels, 3 shifts at their plant in NJ. Good hourly rate + OT + full Benefits
Job Posting # 2078R
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanics - Packaging Location: Florence, NJ
Needed at different skill levels for different shifts Relocation: NO – prefer local only
Compensation: Pay range $25.50 - $27.50 / HR (based on skill Level 2 or 3) + OT (1.5X)
Excellent benefits including Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Our client is a premier producer of convenience fresh foods. It is a global company with around 10K people worldwide with division HQ in California and 4 plants (SQF Certified) in the USA with around 4K people
Company has had explosive revenue growth of 60%, resulting in hiring 40% more people at this growing plant of 680 people in the last 3 years.
Be part of the Maintenance group of 15+ technical people, supporting 11 packaging lines. This plant processes food ingredients and packaging operations which is SQF Level III certified
These are permanent positions reporting to the Maintenance Lead/Supervisor
NOTE 1: New hires will be trained in day shift for up to 2 weeks before moving to 2nd or 3rd shift.
NOTE 2: The shift times are as follows: 1st from 5.00 AM, 2nd from 3.00PM, 3rd from 9 PM
Note 3: Below are the details of skill levels of mechanics needed. The client will decide which level the candidate fits best, based on the plant technical interview.
Level 2 starting $25.50/hr - a medium level mechanic who has good skills in either Mechanical or Electrical
Level 3 starting $27.50/hr is a higher level mechanic who has good skills in Both Mechanical and Electrical
This is a non-union permanent position with hourly pay and full benefits to support and perform preventive maintenance on high speed, high volume packaging lines.
This individual must have maintenance experience in food or high speed assembly and packaging in the cosmetic, consumer goods industries. They will be maintaining equipment like cleaning, washing, sorting, filling, conveying, metal detectors, assembling, labeling and final packaging.
Candidate Must Have:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hands-on maintenance in a plant environment
- Experience in electrical/mechanical aspects of equipment maintenance
- Ability to work in cold refrigerated plant environment (35 to 45 Degree F)
- Understanding of SOPs, Lock Out Tag Out, and OSHA regulations
- Ability to work rotating days and alternate weekends
Candidate-Nice to Have:
- Multilingual: English/Spanish/Indian/Chinese etc
- Experience in FDA or food safety regulated Industry like food, Pharmaceutical, cosmetics, consumer goods, or medical devices.
- Experience working in Cold refrigerated plant environment (35 to 45 Degree F)
Keywords: Mechanic, Technician, mechanical, electrical, food, fresh cut produce, GMP, PLC, packaging equipment, ready-to-eat