MEP Project Engineer / Assistant MEP Coordinator / Field Engineer - Mechanical
Highland Consulting Group is a national recruiting firm that specializes in recruiting extremely well qualified construction individuals for their clients.
Are you interested in expanding your career and experience? We are working with a company that can introduce you to larger more sophisticated projects that are very rewarding to be a part of. They can provide the career path to succeed.
Our client is a Large General Contractor in the Columbus, OH area that is recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer with a strong working knowledge of MEP - Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing systems. Being realistic, if you have experience in two of the three areas, we want to talk to you.
This is a permanent position. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Engineer or an Assistant Project Manager working with large scale commercial projects and be ready to take the next step in your career.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the MEP Coordinator on the site level to manage projects
- Assist in managing and supervising all phases of assigned projects
- Assist in preparing and managing schedules
- Estimate change orders
- Assist in negotiating all change orders and maintain change order logs
- Assist in managing project budget and approving all expenses
- Contract administration
- Assist in buyout of subcontracts & equipment
- Interface with the Owner on all projects assigned
- Assemble and maintain complete project records and close-out documents
- Perform project punch-list inspection(s), in coordination with superintendent and the Owner’s representative, and issue punch list to all relevant subcontractors
- Stay in contact with past clients for repeat work
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Experience: 5 years experience as a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager with MEP projects
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management degrees are preferred
This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and you have the experience and meet the job qualifications, please apply using the “Apply” link. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to call me @ (724) 837-6335.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.