Our client is seeking a Tax Associate who is looking for an opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Help manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing and completing tax projects while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Assist with developing tax planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients.
- Plan and coordinate corporate, partnership, S-corporation and individual tax compliance engagements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Assist with individual, gift, trust and estate returns.
- Perform technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Responsible for project management, as well as resource scheduling and management.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task. Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Present internal and external training and seminars on technical issues.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- 0-2 years of tax compliance and advisory skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Bachelor and Master’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA eligibility required.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.