Our Client, a multi-site petroleum refining company, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer at one of its refineries in Utah.
Under the guidance of the Maintenance Manager, coordinates and subsequently manages the turnarounds for the refineries. Develops the preliminary scope packets for small capital projects, prepares and submits “Authorization for Expenditures (AFE’s), and then implements and tracks the project and contract work associated with the small capital projects being completed at the refineries
- Coordinate the turnaround planning function, documenting tasks, detailing materials and labor requirements.
- Prepare Gantt Charts or similar resource planning tools for significant projects such as the Turnarounds.
- Subsequently help manage the Turnarounds, liaising with Operations to ensure the plant is available, permits are prepared, contractors are appropriately trained and briefed, on-site labor is appropriately supervised, and time and costs are monitored and accounted for. Coordinate turnaround planning meetings.
- Develop the preliminary scope packets for small capital projects that would include redlined P&ID’s, tie-in points for the work, equipment specifications, piping ISO’s, and project needs questionnaire and instrument/control changes.
- Prepare and submit AFE’s
- Track the scope packets and proposal packets within the company for proper review and approval.
- Coordinate with Procurement that materials and equipment are ordered and delivered on schedule.
- Coordinate with PSM to verify MOC requirements are being met for each project.
- Coordinate with Safety to verify all contractors have required safety training.
- Coordinate with the contractor and Operations selected or maintenance that will be completing the small capital project.
- On well-defined capital projects that do not need project detailed scope developed, coordinate the work directly with the contractor, an example would be well-defined storage tank work.
- Track and approve the daily timesheets of all contractors working on small capital projects.
- Coordinate the support contractors such as scaffolding and insulation.
- Track committed costs on all capital projects (AFE’s) working with Accounting and Procurement.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Accounting that AFE’s are closed correctly, and in a timely manner after project completion.
- Develop and maintain a small capital project priority list, in line with the approved annual Capital Budget.
- BSc in Engineering – chemical, mechanical or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of the refinery processes
- 3 to 5 years of post-graduation experience in an engineering environment, preferably with some planning and management experience.
- Understanding of the capital cost tracking system; good understanding of tracking projects.
- Demonstrated systems skills including Microsoft Project and CAD software
Our Client offers competitive compensation, a strong benefits program, relocation assistance and much more.
Please send your resume in Word.doc format to Reed Rogers at email@example.com and refer to Job No. 11029