My client, located in Lincolnton, North Carolina, is looking for an Automation Engineer join its team. The Automation Engineer relies on extensive experience and judgment when specifying the design of the processes, equipment, schedule and industrialization to meet customer demands at the lowest cost and highest quality to achieve the specific production, quality, cost goals and objectives of the project. Excellent benefits package included.
- BSME, BSIE, BSEE or four-year plastics/technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Automation Engineering
- Demonstrated project management skills with a desired proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of electrical controls specifically within automation equipment.
- Understanding the design and programing of control systems (PLC/HMI).
- Experience with managing the design, build and implementation of large-scale automation projects.
- Injection molding knowledge / experience.
- Hands-on individual with detailed troubleshooting capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability in statistical tools, systematic problem-solving methods, and quality systems.
- Ability to develop education / training material and provide hands-on training to site staff
- Experience with engineering design tools (e.g., Creo, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ISO / GMP standards.
- Ability to write and perform design of experiment studies.
- Willingness & ability to travel (up to 25%, both domestic & international).
- Participate with development teams to incorporate technical manufacturing expertise in the design of the product.
- Write RFQ’s with functional descriptions for automation equipment.
- Leads the development and implementation of global automation systems with company manufacturing sites.
- Execution of equipment qualification and process validation protocols utilizing the IQ/OQ/PQ qualification system to obtain production approval for automation equipment.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment suppliers.
- Participate in product brainstorming and planning.
- Develop new technology ideas and guide their development and implementation.
- Attend workshops and seminars. Evaluate new products and concepts for possible implementation.
- Establish project requirements and manage schedules.
- Prepare and write purchase requisitions.
- Work with project team to coordinate new equipment productionizing process, including: submitting product to the mold approval lab, analyzing Q.A. data, implementing corrective action, reviewing and approving product specifications and/or requesting changes to specifications for approval.
- Support production with start-up issues that are not easily resolved by on-site engineering support. Identify and close gaps in the training process for the transfer to site ownership.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and company policies / procedures.
- Technology scouting
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow all safety regulations.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.