If you are looking for a company with a long history of success, over 100 years that offers a great work environment where an entrepreneurial style is appreciated and recognized, and a company that has an exceptional continuing education plan to pay for your advanced or Master's Degree then we need to speak with you.
The company is a global leader in technology that is necessary to the steel making industry, smelters, foundries and melt shops nationally. The individual will be a key player within the Technical Product and Customer Service Team, providing product knowledge, processing expertise, problem solving and cost saving solutions to customers throughout the United States, Some customers in Canada and Mexico as well.
The Technical Service Engineer will provide technical services to customers and provide feedback and direction regarding the customer perception of product applications and performance. The role will be based in Cleveland and travel to customer sites throughout the US, Canada and Mexico, typical travel is 50% - 60% occasionally for new product launches and applications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Visit customers to acquire and enhance product application and competitive performance information for providing input for planning continuous improvement projects.
- Provide technical advice /service support to sales, sales office and other partners.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of account strategy in the assigned area.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in accounts, optimizing account profitability.
- Collect and analyzes data and provides customers deep technical insight regarding product operations and process control optimization.
- Analyze product performance and recommends commercial value-added differentiation strategies.
- Assist with the customer complaint resolution process, initiates preventive measures, separates common and special cause issues, develops and implements short and long-term correction options.
- Coordinate customer trials through sales.
- Benchmark competitive performance, service, and commercial issues; monitors, interprets, and reports competitive intelligence and recommends actions to R&D and other internal functions.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Product Production Facilities to identify and implement R&D capabilities/products matched to market application opportunities.
- Conduct situational analysis, issue sorting, and problem solving on individual and team basis to meet process/customer/market/business unit objectives.
- Provide both customer and internal technical training in the areas of product usage, furnace operations, electrical theory and other relevant topics.
- Recommend communication and advertising program activities to promote products and services (e.g. literature, handbook etc.).
- Develop and implements procedures to interpret, prioritize and respond to customer requests.
- Lead or participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Identify and recommend technical based opportunities to enhance the value proposition through product performance and customer service.
Skills and Experience Required:
- BS Electrical Engineering, plus 3-7 years of experience in three-phase power systems. Experience with technical support of products in a steel making operation is a plus.
- Capable of completing technical tasks with limited supervisory or other assistance.
- Moderate to strong ability to analyze related data, identify trends, and convert to action quickly.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of statistical methods skills.
- High level of confidence and capability with respect to presentation skills.