Reporting to the Station Manager of a privately owned global 3PL provider with more than 35 years of logistics experience. Our client specializes in providing unique, custom supply chain solutions to include freight forwarding, warehousing & distribution and specialized services.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for managing a 185,000 sq./ft. warehouse including multi-client/shared distribution, fulfillment warehouse operations and traditional Freight Forwarding activities. This individual will lead the day to day coordination and execution of shipping, warehouse, fulfillment and other supply chain/operations functions. Will manage a team 30 individuals ensuring standards are met and will develop, maintain and improve internal and external KPI requirements. Challenge is to manage the operations, motivating and leading team while optimizing costs, increasing revenues and improving profitability.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Warehouse and/or distribution management (3+ years)
- Staff management within a warehouse or 3PL facility
- Warehouse management servicing high tech clients
- Knowledge of value-added services (pick & pack, kitting, assembly)
- Performance standards and KPI metric development.
- Working knowledge of UPS Worldship and FedEx Powership
- Strong understanding of ERP, WMS and MRP systems
- Understanding of P&L management
- Understanding of Six Sigma principles, 5S standards or Kaizen
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word & Power Point)
- Education: High School Diploma
- Residence: Greater San Francisco market
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Warehouse experience within a freight forwarder
- Knowledge of high-tech industry
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Excellent collaboration & relationship building skills
- Results driven
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Director: Linda Marmash
Freight Forwarding Transportation
Click here to apply online