If you are a talented Therformorming Operator looking for a position in an organization that is growing as a business but also offers the opportunity to grow and develop your skills through expert mentorship from industry leaders, then this position may be for you.
The Thermoforming Machine Operator Technician is the primary operator of the forming machines and is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and production of customer orders and for meeting specifications for quality and efficiency. The Technician assures the thermoforming machine is operating properly and must follow company procedures for safety and provide accurate and timely reporting of production data to comply with the companies Good Manufacturing Practices. The Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and mechanical related duties within the production area.
- Responsible for operating thermoform machinery while following safety requirements and assure safety procedures are followed in the work area:
- Produce a variety of molded plastic parts by loading raw material, setting and adjusting cycle times, temperatures, pressures and cycle machine to ensure proper and safe operations.
- Ensure machine is operating at or above established forming standards.
- Ensure safe work environment and abide by 5S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to other thermoformers on the shift.
- Perform in-process inspections of parts throughout production run and assure they meet visual standards of acceptance.
- Responsible for producing customer parts to order in the proper quantity as identified by the production schedule.
- Assures all manufacturing equipment is well maintained and calibrated.
- Monitors production efficiency; addresses line stoppage and initiates immediate problem solving to correct the cause.
- Report material utilization in the production report
- Insure daily production report data is correct and up to date
- Recognize defective materials for color, surface blemishes, finish and dimensions.
- Segregate non-conforming materials and ensure non-conforming report (NCR) procedure is followed and reported to management.
- Ensures machine set up procedure is followed and the appropriate materials are on line prior to each production run.
- Maintain the integrity of all customer/company owned tools.
- · Identify the proper tooling required for pending production.
- · Inspect condition of molds, component parts and knives for damage and wear.
- · Document repairs/maintenance of tools and report to management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A high school degree or G.E.D.
- 2 - 10 years of thermoform production manufacturing experience required
- 2 - 10 years of shop mathematics, reading shop drawings and have used a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Thermoform machine set-up experience required
- Must have ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English including legible handwriting
- Must be flexible to move to another shift in order to meet production schedule and work overtime as needed
- STRONG preference for candidates with experience on KEIFEL machines
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Scott was very great to work with. I always knew where I stood in the process, had great response time with him and was a great person just to talk to and bounce ideas off of. I highly recommend him and feel as if I made a great friend in the process.