Fantastic role for a Casting Process Engineer to join a growing Tier 1 manufacturer of aluminum cast / machined parts. They provide aluminum castings and machined assemblies to a wide variety of industries, including automotive, agricultural, industrial, and appliances. They provide value added services, including precision machining, assembly and heat treating. They are growing and launching capital expansion projects in all plant operations. With new programs awarded and in development we are seeking top talent to join the team.
The Casting Engineer finds the optimum casting process and layout, developing a casting solution and tooling that will meet the customer requirements. This includes training of others in setup techniques and troubleshooting of casting problems. Responsible for complete part process and development including: quality, error & mistake proofing, part tracking, part follow up, project management. The Casting Engineer is an experienced engineer and serves as the primary and responsible person for developing a casting solution for the parts developed by product engineering or received from the customer technical liaison.
Forward resume to: email@example.com
- Define by analysis and experimentation the optimum setup of new and existing dies
- Creates PPCR, obtains approval, make samples, collect evidence of improvement (or no improvement), and follows through to closure.
- Uromanse shot monitoring, and other casting process parameters to document processes and troubleshoot casting problems.
- Produce detailed documentation of processes. Verify that documented processes are repeatable
- Lead and manage the systematic reduction in scrap and re-work
- Initiate reviews of existing processes and search for and implement continuing improvements
- Troubleshoot difficult casting problems and assist other setup personnel in solving problems
- Keep informed on the latest methods of manufacturing and improved machinery design
- Determine the proper task time and the number of pieces per hour that can be produced.
- Aid in design of special tools, and work with responsible parties for equipment arrangement and installation.
- Follow upon engineering changes for production parts after launch.
- Provide Time Studies with information needed for labor cost estimates and provide planning with information regarding starting dates and changeover dates and production capacity
- Investigate customer and production suggestions/ issues and work with team leaders to support production and make improvements.
- Train others in principles of tilt pour casting, equipment setup, troubleshooting, use of setup sheets, and quality systems procedures
- Assist Tool Engineering in making design decisions on new dies, including cavity orientation, runner and gate size and location, slide and core configuration, cooling, etc
- Perform design experiments on jobs as needed to diagnose casting problems. Use statistical techniques where appropriate
- Participate in production meetings and initiate and/or perform corrective action analysis as required
- Perform machine capability studies on die casting machines
- Evaluate and recommend new technology and ideas for improvements to production
- Two year AA degree in a technical discipline preferred but will consider strong experience
- 3 years hands on experience of casting analysis and modeling software
- Previous engineering experience in a foundry operation
- Skilled in casting design and tooling design
- Experienced performing casting solidification simulations
- Understands material properties and specifications (understanding of aluminum and iron alloys).
- Knowledgeable with analytical tools, basic statistics, DOE, CAE (able to understands CAE work and evaluate output),
- Experienced with and working knowledge of CAD programs (e.g., AutoCad, Solid Edge, Solid Works)
- Experienced with gating and risers design and mold layout
- Familiar with PPAP and APQP processes
- MagmaSoft and/or EKK, Siemens / Unigraphics software experience is a plus.
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Aluminum die casting experience is a plus
- Advanced educations is a plus
- Professional certifications are a plus.