As a key member of the Regulatory Department, the successful candidate will lead a rate case team, prepare revenue requirements and rate analyses, draft and sponsor testimony in support of rate and related requests, and serve as the primary contact with staff and intervenors on rate matters in the central region (MO, KS, AR, OK).
• Lead rate making activities, including General Rate Case and Infrastructure Surcharge applications
• Develop tactics to maximize rate recovery of prudently incurred capital and operating expenses
• Perform highly complex analysis to inform decision making, design and file regulatory applications
• Develop rate strategies that will optimize company profitability
• Act as primary witness on rate and regulatory related filings at the local regulatory commissions
• Prepares written testimony including exhibits under strict time constraints imposed by statute or administrative limitations. Defends testimony and exhibits in formal settlement conferences and under oath during cross-examination.
• Lead and participate in various internal task force groups in order to develop and implement the Company’s strategic action plans.
• Provides expert advice to company's management on emerging regulations and developments in the industry
• Manage, direct, and mentor direct reports within the department to ensure all objectives are met.
• Maintain positive professional working relationships with all employees, regulators, commission staff, business associates, consultants and customers.
• Research and monitor up-to-date information regarding federal and applicable state laws and regulations as they relate to filing requirements for regulated utilities. Updates key management on regulatory changes, developments and implications of new requirements on functional areas.
• Participate in industry associations and develop positions for the Company
• Special/other projects as assigned
• Drafts cross-examination questions for utilities and intervener witnesses and advises legal counsel during the conduct of cross-examination
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics, required; MBA, CPA or related license is a plus
• 5+ years of utility regulatory experience; including revenue requirements, regulatory agency testimony and rate making strongly preferred
• Proven leader with prior supervisory experience
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Produce routine reports and correspondence.
• Make presentations to senior management, public groups and/or boards of directors
• Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
• Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access; Experience with meter reading, billing systems, credit applications, preferred.
• Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively
• Must have ability to develop relationships and build credibility quickly
• Company related travel as needed; must possess or be eligible to obtain a US Passport
Diversified electric distribution, natural gas and water utility delivering responsive and reliable services to approximately 800,000 customers in 13 states across the United States. Actively seeking a Sr Manager, Rates and Regulatory in its Central Region. Position location Missouri. Total compensation includes salary, bonus and relocation assistance.
2270m-Sr. Manager, Rates & Regulatory
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Key Words: Rates revenue requirements regulatory testimony PUC rate case filing utility accounting finance business economics testify Manager Lead Supervisor MFR Minimum Filing Requirements MO KS AR OK