Reporting to the Executive Vice President (Business Development) of an asset-based logistics provider of expert linehaul, dedicated and specialized flatbed service.
The Regional Vice President of Business Development’s responsibility is to develop and grow mutually beneficial truckload client relationships that deliver positive results for both the client and the organization. Works within a specific geographic area to develop, manage and enhance relationships with clients that the organization services. Identify and develop new business opportunities with both prospective and existing customers in his/her assigned territory.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation Sales or Linehaul, Dedicated and Specialized Flatbed Service sales (2 Yrs)
- Effective selling techniques via phone and electronic communication
- Demonstrated ability to close deals
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Location: Home Office (New Jersey / Maryland / Delaware)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Strong geographical knowledge (of competition, shippers/receivers, economic trends)
- Education: College Graduate -Transportation and Logistics
- Function in a fast-paced work environment
- Plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Strong Business Acumen - Effectively manages revenue and cost.
- Anticipates client and market opportunities and responds appropriately
- Decision Making - Collects the required data to balance long term and short-term objectives when making decisions.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
Click here to apply online